User Tag List

First 456

Quote Originally Posted by dala View Post
    I think I may be in the minority in this thread. None of the mentioned problems are caused by the internet, and censoring the internet won't make nasty things go away. However, censoring would have a chilling effect, driving people in minority groups underground. It would also drive various abuses out of the public eye, resulting in them being happily ignored by the general public as they have been for thousands of years. Or do people think bullying, sexual abuse, and police brutality mysteriously popped up due the the advent of the internet?
    It isn't about censorship. It's about influence. People have the right to promote misogyny on Facebook, to create a group for it, and to seek out membership. I have the right to not like it, bitch about it, and rally people to my counter-cause. What about this is unfair to you?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    It isn't about censorship. It's about influence. People have the right to promote misogyny on Facebook, to create a group for it, and to seek out membership. I have the right to not like it, bitch about it, and rally people to my counter-cause. What about this is unfair to you?
    I think you may have accidentally quoted the wrong post.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    If you look for reasons to be offended, you'll find them. I could find enough pages insulting men or other groups I belong to, if I cared enough to look for them, I'm sure.
    I don't need to look. I guess that's the difference. None so blind as those who don't want to see.
    *Some people enjoy feeling like a victim*, hence the proliferation of identity politics (gender, race, sexuality, etc.) and class envy in the 21st century.
    One would think, if that were true, they would be campaigning for more stupid ignorance and prejudice, rather than less...

I suppose you think that the 15 y/o girl who got shot in the head by the Taliban for going to school was just looking for publicity, huh?

Those damn victims, always bleeding the fuck over everything! What's their problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.