User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Let's build upon your logic: Women don't need a right to abortion because they could get a hysterectomy.
    Well done! Now you're beginning to make some sense. Although your OB/GYN knowledge needs some work: it's enough to get your tubes tied.

We're talking about unwanted children here.
    No, we're not. Reread the OP.

As for this biological inequality, artificial wombs are coming.
    Awesome.
    Then women will be obsolete as well.
    "As well." You consider yourself obsolete?? No wonder you have such fucking HUGE chip on your shoulder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Yes.
    At least you recognize it.

That's the first step.

No need to be angry. We're just talking.
    No need to say this. I'm just making a point.

Is it the purpose of the sun to shine, then?
    I would say the distinctions between the two have led me to believe in that which I have expounded, but not that which you have here.

I do find it, and some corollaries, a pleasant little life-affirming thought experiment, though, so thank you for mentioning it.

How do you know that these different activities are all sex? What makes them the same except your unique ability to notice difficult, hard-to-see patterns?
    "What is sex?"

That's really where you've chosen to bring this.

See what I said above about hyperbolic doubt, and recognition being the first step.

Recognition of the inanity of doing so is the next one; I hope you'll have that realization eventually.

Do you agree with Wilber, that chance and natural selection by themselves are not enough to account for the emergence that we see in evolution? Because if you do, the question is answered.
    Ummm... frankly, I'm not too well-versed in what it is Wilber actually believes about this. I've read small bits here and there, and, from what I've gathered, I've found it best to kinda just leave that to the side. I'm not too particularly interested in the question, and I certainly don't have a dog in the race, at least not on his side.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    I agree. I was simply pointing out the usual absurdity of Salomé's argument. According to her, no men - especially not white men - are allowed to complain about anything.
    Well, perhaps everyone should hold off on getting snipped, and go ahead and complain a little. There are difficult aspects to being a man or a woman in terms of reproduction.

I haven't read the entire thread, but the OP is a horrific story. Very sad.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Let's build upon your logic: Women don't need a right to abortion because they could get a hysterectomy.
    Unfortunately getting your tubes tied is something they refuse to do before you have had a) children or are in your late thirties, from what Im told, so we are kind of stuck with taking hormones our entire lives and watching out for pregnancy. Granted, it is for a good reason, as it is a rather irreversible surgery and the bioclock usually does start screaming at you once you pass 30.

Meanwhile, from what Im told, a vasectomy for a man is at least reversible, though I do not necessarily think this is the best solution. Id say condoms are your best bet, with hopefully male pills will eventually follow as well (you can join us in the overconsumption of hormones then )
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    hopefully male pills will eventually follow as well (you can join us in the overconsumption of hormones)
    Just what we need. More hormones in our water.
    Maybe they'll all balance each other out?

Id say condoms are your best bet, with hopefully male pills will eventually follow as well (you can join us in the overconsumption of hormones then )
    Pretty much. And if ya can't trust her, maybe you ought to keep the condoms in your possession rather than leave 'em at her place.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I would say the distinctions between the two have led me to believe in that which I have expounded, but not that which you have here.
    Where is the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    "What is sex?"

That's really where you've chosen to bring this.
    No, rather: How do you know what is sex? As an aside, of course. The way abstractions work is something I am very interested in.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

*wishes you'd take your stupid pissing contest "asides"...aside*

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Unfortunately getting your tubes tied is something they refuse to do before you have had a) children or are in your late thirties, from what Im told, so we are kind of stuck with taking hormones our entire lives and watching out for pregnancy. Granted, it is for a good reason, as it is a rather irreversible surgery and the bioclock usually does start screaming at you once you pass 30.
    Or you could get an IUD (the non-hormonal variety).

I know someone who has one, and she swears it's the greatest thing ever invented.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    No wonder you have such fucking HUGE chip on your shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Well done! Now you're beginning to make some sense. Although your OB/GYN knowledge needs some work: it's enough to get your tubes tied.
    I started watching the show 'Luther', recently, and I can't help but think of Salome every time this secondary, psychopath, serial-killer INTP chick named Morgan is on screen. I don't know whether I find it annoying or hilarious yet. I'm only on the fifth episode.

My S-I-L and a girlfriend from work had serious complications with their IUDs and had to have them removed.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke