INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Habba View Post
    I don't think it is a murder to kill a fetus of that development stage. I don't know much about the development process of a fetus, but I'm pretty sure it's still far from being a person.
    How can you "not know much" while at the same time "being pretty sure"?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Not while it's inside her body. I'm sorry, but that's reality. It is something growing inside her, and one human being has no say over what happens inside another. Nor should they.
    Okay, but if we strictly go along this line, it could be argued that no woman could try to "force" the father to recognize the baby and pay child support, since "the baby grew inside her so he is not responsible for his coming to life". It would be better not to use such perspective IMHO, but rather focus on the life of the baby itself. Otherwise, you end up on an antagonistic plane.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    FREE

I agree. It isn't as though the despicable nature of his actions is at issue here. Let me be clear, he should face charges of assault and perhaps attempted murder for his actions. We all accept that he was wrong doing what he did, end of story.

That said, there seems to be a point of contention surrounding the discussion of his motives for doing it. Many men acknowledge the helplessness and anxiety that likely drove him to this extreme, and many women seem flabbergasted (or frightened *their words, not mine*) that the men would even bring up such things. A person's future is not something to be trifled with, and when it comes to coitus and fetuses, women have a large degree of potential control over a man's future. Yes, he could choose to abstain or always wear a condom for fear of getting a girl pregnant, but I think given the complex nature of trust and relationships this isn't a reasonable thing to expect a person to do. My personal perspective is:
    1) I'll pay full price for your birth control or I'll buy condoms.
    2) I'll pay full price for your abortion should you get pregnant.
    3) I will not be obliged to pay money or devote time to a child I do not want. This doesn't mean I won't, but I'll be damned of a judge is going to make my choices for me.

I don't think this is unreasonable. Yes, it puts the woman in a difficult position should she get pregnant: abortion, adoption, or bear the entire responsibility for the child without assistance from a man.

I'd like to hear a woman's perspective on this. Do you think if you accidentally become pregnant and choose to keep the child that the father is obliged to pay child support and/or spend time with the child?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    IIRC, her original name on this forum was Morgan La Fey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Was it? Im pretty sure that I remember an even earlier version...
    Blue Monday was her first name.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I have no idea what you're talking about.
    I was talking about this..
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    3) I will not be obliged to pay money or devote time to a child I do not want. This doesn't mean I won't, but I'll be damned of a judge is going to make my choices for me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

^who, in a civilized society, besides a judge would be the appropriate person to tell you that you are responsible at least in part for cleaning up the mess you made for your neighbors/society?

Is society supposed to say, "Oh good another baby to eventually make up for our dwindling juvenile delinquent/homeless bum populace.?
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Blue Monday was her first name.
    You're probably right. She has changed her identity so many times and I haven't tried to keep track of it.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    FREE

Quote Originally Posted by Vizconde View Post
    ^who, in a civilized society, besides a judge would be the appropriate person to tell you that you are responsible at least in part for cleaning up the mess you made for your neighbors/society?

Is society supposed to say, "Oh good another baby to eventually make up for our dwindling juvenile delinquent/homeless bum populace.?
    That's the woman's problem, should she choose to not have an abortion.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]