MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I can't help but think of Salome
    Yeah. We all noticed. :yawn:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Just what we need. More hormones in our water.
    Maybe they'll all balance each other out?
    Interesting. Still though, I know from working at a veterinary clinic that they advocate sterilization *anyday* over giving the pet 'pill' over a lifetime due to the side-effects that long-term hormone stuffing of a living being can have. If they can avoid treating an animal with hormones over an extended period of time, they will. I can only assume that human contraceptives are developed to have the least amount of side-effects on female bodies and Im the first to say this isnt my field of expertise, but tbh, I'm not exactly thrilled about having to stuff unnatural stuff in my body in order to control my own reproductive schedule (and neither is my body, I might add). I will wholeheartedly admit though that it is definitely the lesser of two evils and have often cited the pill as the greatest invention *ever* to have been made, imho.

@Zarathustra I have one. And yeah, it was epic to pass out from pain just to have that thing stuffed down my cervix. Pure pleasure. Again, I'll grant you it is the best solution Ive come across so far, but unless you get the copper one (which is hormone-free but also causes more allergic reactions, and god knows your body so loves a foreign body it didnt create itself in your uterus ), you are still being flooded with hormones. And your body still has to get used to that thing being where it aint supposed to be, your period stops (and god knows how healthy that is, coz it heightens your chances of infection significantly), but yes, you are safe for 5 years, so I love it for that reason. Honestly though, when it comes to reproductive crap, I'd trade being female for being male in a fucking *instant*. You can keep the crap and deal with it, really. All of it.

/derail.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Well done! Now you're beginning to make some sense. Although your OB/GYN knowledge needs some work: it's enough to get your tubes tied.
    And I'm sure even less invasive procedures will be developed in the future.

No, we're not. Reread the OP.
    Oh yeah. You're right, a child is only unwanted when the mother doesn't want it.

"As well." You consider yourself obsolete?? No wonder you have such fucking HUGE chip on your shoulder.
    This isn't opinion. When it comes to human reproduction, males are technically obsolete (though not functionally obsolete). Eventually, everything humans are capable of doing will be obsolete. It's only a matter of time.

As for the "chip on your shoulder" comment - psychological projection.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Unfortunately getting your tubes tied is something they refuse to do before you have had a) children or are in your late thirties, from what Im told, so we are kind of stuck with taking hormones our entire lives and watching out for pregnancy. Granted, it is for a good reason, as it is a rather irreversible surgery and the bioclock usually does start screaming at you once you pass 30.

Meanwhile, from what Im told, a vasectomy for a man is at least reversible, though I do not necessarily think this is the best solution. Id say condoms are your best bet, with hopefully male pills will eventually follow as well (you can join us in the overconsumption of hormones then )
    I'm not advocating a position, I'm just pointing out the absurdity of Salome's position.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I started watching the show 'Luther', recently, and I can't help but think of Salome every time this secondary, psychopath, serial-killer INTP chick named Morgan is on screen. I don't know whether I find it annoying or hilarious yet. I'm only on the fifth episode.
    IIRC, her original name on this forum was Morgan La Fey.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Was it? Im pretty sure that I remember an even earlier version...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

I believe it was Bluewing, or Bluemonday, or something, before that.

Yeah, you should check out the show, tho.

The resemblance is astounding.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

You're right, a child is only unwanted when the mother doesn't want it.
    I'm always right. Get used to it.

Close. But no cigar.

I believe it was Bluewing, or Bluemonday, or something, before that.

Yeah, you should check out the show, tho.

The resemblance is astounding.

Stop obsessing about me. It's creepy.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé
    Stop obsessing about me. It's creepy.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp