User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    xxTP

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    that you don't have to pay through the nose for? and why are insurance companies care more about turning a profit than taking care of their customers? why are they two faced? something needs to change, and fast.
    If you want decent healthcare you have to pay through the nose. Some countries do it through taxes, others through the market, others, like yours, have a mix of the two.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Even though I know that nationalized healthcare is a tried and true approach throughout the world, I have some hesitation in implementing it in the U.S. I think the current system is broken and destructive to have so much money going to insurance and pharmaceutical companies who only care about profits for the stockholders. The culture of the system has to be changed because it is currently profit-oriented and exploitive. I feel concern that if it were transformed into a government based system that the culture would remain and the exploitive issues would be transferred to the new government system. I do not claim to be the expert, but I have wondered if changing the system to one in which any company that deals with vulnerable populations like the sick is required by law to be non-profit. They could still use the free-market to compete, but first eliminating this focus on stockholders, I wonder if that would help change the culture and then the question of nationalizing it could be readdressed if needed. It may be possible that non-profit status could help fix some of the worst underlying issues.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

It will probably take that much longer if Romney and Ryan win.

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    Even though I know that nationalized healthcare is a tried and true approach throughout the world, I have some hesitation in implementing it in the U.S. I think the current system is broken and destructive to have so much money going to insurance and pharmaceutical companies who only care about profits for the stockholders. The culture of the system has to be changed because it is currently profit-oriented and exploitive. I feel concern that if it were transformed into a government based system that the culture would remain and the exploitive issues would be transferred to the new government system. I do not claim to be the expert, but I have wondered if changing the system to one in which any company that deals with vulnerable populations like the sick is required by law to be non-profit. They could still use the free-market to compete, but first eliminating this focus on stockholders, I wonder if that would help change the culture and then the question of nationalizing it could be readdressed if needed. It may be possible that non-profit status could help fix some of the worst underlying issues.
    I would say non-profit status is exactly what would eliminate the worst underlying issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    If you want decent healthcare you have to pay through the nose. Some countries do it through taxes, others through the market, others, like yours, have a mix of the two.
    But we know full well that countries with national health care systems spend less overall, per capita on health care than the USA does.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

that you don't have to pay through the nose for? and why are insurance companies care more about turning a profit than taking care of their customers? why are they two faced? something needs to change, and fast.
    Answer to the first part - I think never.

Answer to the second part - Insurance companies that are corporations are specifically designed for profits to be perhaps the only important priority.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Permabanned

i grew up in a third world country, partially, so perhaps i'm jaded, but the way i see it, healthcare here is awesome.
    i don't pay a thing, but i'm covered like a mofo. i seriously just walk in to hospitals, flash my card, and get access to all sorts of stuff.
    and i never pay, i think i had to pay like $50 once, the bill was like 100 times that...
    i remember once i was extremely dehydrated so i walked in to a hospital, got a bed, got an iv, got drugged up, and walk out, without ever paying once..

contrast that to the time i broke my arm in said third world country.. I show up to the hospital, only to find that they were out of plaster...plaster! it's like the most basic of things for a hospital to have...
    so, they went to find an ambulance so they could transfer me to a hospital that had the resources to fix me up...(read plaster..)
    and they couldn't find a driver...

we ended up just leaving in disgust and driving over to the other hospital ourselves...

and we paid the whole bill out of pocket, something like 20% of my mom's paycheck.

so, yeah, from where i'm sitting, healthcare isn't a problem whatsoever...

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    I'm not for just "ONE BIG" insurance company. There has to be competition. After all, that's what yields good prices. If there was just one big company, they could just charge you whatever the hell they want.
    Single payer insurance would be the Government. The fact that there are insurance companies at all is one of the main reasons healthcare is terribly expensive. Insurance companies get lower rates than individuals paying cash, which is sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fia View Post
    This is an interesting idea that seems well worth considering, but rarely mentioned in U.S. debates about health care.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

wont happen before government takes responsibility for healthcare and not just outsource the costs to insurance companies. would be much wiser to pay the money that people pay for insurance companies to government in form of taxes(after all taxes are or should be payed for common good) and government working for the people, not for companies. but what can you do, the whole political system is rotten and is run by corporations, even tho it should be run by humans.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    i grew up in a third world country, partially, so perhaps i'm jaded, but the way i see it, healthcare here is awesome.
    i don't pay a thing, but i'm covered like a mofo. i seriously just walk in to hospitals, flash my card, and get access to all sorts of stuff.
    and i never pay, i think i had to pay like $50 once, the bill was like 100 times that...
    i remember once i was extremely dehydrated so i walked in to a hospital, got a bed, got an iv, got drugged up, and walk out, without ever paying once..

contrast that to the time i broke my arm in said third world country.. I show up to the hospital, only to find that they were out of plaster...plaster! it's like the most basic of things for a hospital to have...
    so, they went to find an ambulance so they could transfer me to a hospital that had the resources to fix me up...(read plaster..)
    and they couldn't find a driver...

we ended up just leaving in disgust and driving over to the other hospital ourselves...

and we paid the whole bill out of pocket, something like 20% of my mom's paycheck.

so, yeah, from where i'm sitting, healthcare isn't a problem whatsoever...
    Generally, the USA shouldn't rest on being better than a third world country.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

After the baby boomers are dead.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."