User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I'm taking classes to become a medical assistant right now and the absurdity of our system is making me crazy(er).
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I think a singer payer system would be much easier
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRainbows View Post
    How would that work exactly?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

A form of barter, then? Musical performances in exchange for medical services?

(sorry . . . couldn't resist)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm taking classes to become a medical assistant right now and the absurdity of our system is making me crazy(er).
    my friend's mom is?was?doing that i don't know if she's done with the program or not.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Single Payer Insurance. Billing multiple companies is a pain in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    that you don't have to pay through the nose for? and why are insurance companies care more about turning a profit than taking care of their customers? why are they two faced? something needs to change, and fast.
    Because market forces havent resulted in equity or efficiency of service, they wont, because medicine and care not the same a cola bottles.

The market works fine within its limits, this is yet to be appreciated by its greatest fanboys.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    More immediately, when we take health care, like national defense and public safety, out of the marketplace, so decisions are made on the basis of more effective criteria than making a profit.
    While that is good from a social perspective, limited resources would still have to be rationed somehow. For example, if too many people need joint replacement surgery, how does one decide who gets it? Economics can work well.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Not_Me View Post
    While that is good from a social perspective, limited resources would still have to be rationed somehow. For example, if too many people need joint replacement surgery, how does one decide who gets it? Economics can work well.
    In the current system, resources are rationed based on ability to pay. A better rationing system would be based on ability to benefit. In the bigger picture, though, perhaps we need to do more joint replacements which directly affect a person's mobility, improving their independence and reducing the services they will subsequently need; and less of other types of procedures that are more elective in nature.

It is often unpopular to say so, but end of life care consumes disproportinate resources prolonging the lives of people who often would just prefer palliative care. Same with neonatal units that spend thousands of dollars saving the tiniest preemies, often just for a life of perpetual medical intervention. Now add in the many tests, etc. done by doctors as defensive medicine, just to cover their own behinds in the event of a lawsuit, and there is alot of money in the health care system not going to the most productive end. Yes, it would be ideal to have and do it all, but when resources are in fact limited, some form of rationing or triage is needed. Using ability to pay as the basis, however, does not get the greatest return for resources spent.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Single Payer Insurance. Billing multiple companies is a pain in the ass.
    I'm not for just "ONE BIG" insurance company. There has to be competition. After all, that's what yields good prices. If there was just one big company, they could just charge you whatever the hell they want.