User Tag List

First 12

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    He did have emergency chutes that were supposed to trigger at a certain height but that would be pretty scary to pass out and hope they work... plus be unable to guide your own landing.
    I'm no physicist, but I don't think an emergency parachute works all that well when you're blacked out and spinning. You're likely to just get tangled in it.

Have any of you guys ever wanted to/tried skydiving? It looks so awesome, but I'd be to chicken to do it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I'm no physicist, but I don't think an emergency parachute works all that well when you're blacked out and spinning. You're likely to just get tangled in it.
    That might be likely, I'm just stating what I read and what the support team set up for him. Don't ask me how they compensate for that, if they can....

("I told him we had emergency chutes in there in case he passed out -- fat chance of that working! At least he won't wake up before he hits.")

Have any of you guys ever wanted to/tried skydiving? It looks so awesome, but I'd be to chicken to do it.
    I think it looks awesome too, but yes, I'd be really scared. One of those things I'd like to do once, just to say I did it. I assume also I'd be strapped to a professional the first time; but typically I would probably need an hour to jump out of the plane, because I'd be checking and rechecking and checking again to make sure I didn't forget the one crucial thing that would kill me.....
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    xxTP

Pretty amazing, this guy is a legend. The skills required to keep from spinning and to recover his control of his distance from earth and speed, are incredible. Apparently. I believe it.

MBTI
    INFJ

How many jumps overall has he made? Over 2000? I can't imagine dealing with what he was dealing with here -- I mean, you're confined in the suit, you're feeling like you're not moving visually although you are moving very quickly, you're probably experiencing some type of vertigo and disorientation, then you start spinning... what a wild ride. (I get ill enough in certain rides that spin around, enough to puke...)

He did have emergency chutes that were supposed to trigger at a certain height but that would be pretty scary to pass out and hope they work... plus be unable to guide your own landing.
    He's done a lot of crazy stuff. I'm looking around but this recent jump is overshadowing all the info right now because thousands of people are unnecessarily uploading the same thing.

Some of the most notable stuff he's done is jump off Taipei 101, raced an air plane with only a carbon wing strapped to his back, and glided across the English Channel with a similar carbon wing.

your resident asshole

That might be likely, I'm just stating what I read and what the support team set up for him. Don't ask me how they compensate for that, if they can....

("I told him we had emergency chutes in there in case he passed out -- fat chance of that working! At least he won't wake up before he hits.")
    Well that's depressing. Glad he made it.

I think it looks awesome too, but yes, I'd be really scared. One of those things I'd like to do once, just to say I did it. I assume also I'd be strapped to a professional the first time; but typically I would probably need an hour to jump out of the plane, because I'd be checking and rechecking and checking again to make sure I didn't forget the one crucial thing that would kill me.....
    Haha I know what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Il Morto Che Parla View Post
    Pretty amazing, this guy is a legend. The skills required to keep from spinning and to recover his control of his distance from earth and speed, are incredible. Apparently. I believe it.
    Yeah. I heard a short interview with him and he was telling the process he went to in order to right himself. It sounded like mostly trial and error and like it required a lot of Se skill.