User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Default Nobel peace price 2012 goes to the EU

I am 1/4th a vandal, those impulsive folks from eastern Europe. That eventually settled in Spain and invented temperamental dancing.

I am 1/4th a saxon, those insular people from the far far west. Who demand to defend their propiety with guns and have a huge issue with believing in something, be it religion or Apple.

I am 1/2th a Semnon, guys who hid in the wood all day but made a lot of money with good swords they traded to the outside world, who killed each other with them.

Considering all of this, do I really deserve the nobel peace price ?
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

How boring, albeit deserved.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

oh my, i can't even begin to discuss the utter joke that this is. all the worst for the Nobel Institute, for losing their reputation.
    I believe the motivation behind it was much the same as Obama's nobel, that is, an attempt at encouraging the EU in a moment of economical crisis and increased nationalisms. ok that the EU was, on the whole, able to maintain "peace" in europe for 60 years, but let's not forget bosnia in the 90s, nor the current "war" that we are having, because although it isn't military, in depth it is just like a war to the people of sourthern Europe (myself included) and mostly let's not forget the number of wars outside of the continent that the EU has kept and helped finance over the years and even now (Syria for instance).
    on the whole, completely laughable, enraging for the peoples of Greece, Spain etc, and definitely, on a personal level and adding to the Obama nobel, this makes me lose any "trust" or respect I might once have had for the Nobel institution. don't even get me started on the choices for this year's prizes in the sciences....

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

It afraid me a bit to be honest. you know when people really do something good, noone cares nor needs to care. like with the jedi. only if someone does something really egoistical, like making a lot of easy money, everybody wants to know. so if news are there to create opinions, i find this news to be frightening.

to me it shows how dangerous this whole crisis really is. i mean when the bailout for greece is politically done, spain and italy are already waiting. because the debt problem and huge financial imbalance will persist. now without sarkozy the majority of politicians want to pump money for growth in europe as in making more debts. thats no different from what they did in the past and will not work.

my country on the other hand and thats why i find frightenind, has installed a secrity fond for our own banks. that means if germany was to return to its national currency, german banks would be bought out of their eu bonds and set free.

furthermore has my country half of the debt of america but only the third of population. that means we are debt world champions not the us. paieing any more money for europe will be not possible sooner or later.

there are many signs you can read between the lines and i hope its just my usual tendency for drama. but that nobel prize message made me a bit more afraid of some kind of black swan scenario happening
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

I heard this.

I was listening to the radio and this came on; The guy pointed out that the EU has actually spread more division in Europe than created peace.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Hopefully this contributed to their decision.

Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Party poopers
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Interesting that virtually no one on this forum living outside the EU seems interested. Not surprising, I guess.

I tend to agree that this is meant to make the EU feel better about itself in a time of deep crisis. A bit lame. Is it really so impressive that there hasn't been a Europe-wide war since WWII?
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Interesting that virtually no one on this forum living outside the EU seems interested. Not surprising, I guess.

I tend to agree that this is meant to make the EU feel better about itself in a time of deep crisis. A bit lame. Is it really so impressive that there hasn't been a Europe-wide war since WWII?
    Actually, it is. Historically it's amazing that Europe has become so cooperative so fast. What I don't like about this move is that it's awarding the EU, not any people were actually involved in making this happen. That's why the timing is also very strange. It's hard to find someone who can take real credit in this endeavor that isn't dead by now.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

There is a lot of tribalism, xenophobia and neo-fascism in modern Europe so I think it would be unwise for anyone to get too confident...
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING