User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    It will be interesting to see how things go the closer we get. Remember with Bush I, they had the staged "Oh my I don't understand how these modern cash registers work!" and then he fell in the polls.
    True, but the Republicans do have Rupert Murdoc, so if media propaganda decides, then we you will get McCain or whomever fills his boots when his ticker stops ticking.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INTP

My guess is NM Gov Bill Richardson. Edwards fine choice but will prolly be Atty Gen. (you know, assuming...)

MBTI
    INTP

Who's Obama?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    True, but the Republicans do have Rupert Murdoc, so if media propaganda decides, then we you will get McCain or whomever fills his boots when his ticker stops ticking.
    Sorry about the "we", just being mentally lazy.

Rupert Murdoc is reported to do lunch with Hillary all the time.

Oberon

Quote Originally Posted by Mort Belfry View Post
    Who's Obama?
    He's a foine Oyrish lad, he is... but you've spelled 'is name wrong. It's O'Bama!

Quote Originally Posted by spartan26 View Post
    My guess is NM Gov Bill Richardson. Edwards fine choice but will prolly be Atty Gen. (you know, assuming...)
    I would applaud this move. Richardson was my favorite candidate this time around. He's a Democrat with solid foreign policy credentials, which is a valuable thing in this particular election. He'd also help to bring in the Hispanic vote, which Obama consistently lost to Hillary.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    TiSe

There is no real need for either candidate to choose right now. Their choice will most likely be based on chemistry + what Obama assesses is his shortcomings in the general election. It's doubtful that either will pick until convention time becomes closer or at the night of. That 18m votes of Clinton will drastically change over time, but she will not be ruled out.

Per CNN Politics, here is his short list. I am not sure what she can bring to the table, but I like Kathleen Sebelius. You heard it hear first. My prediction is he will strongly consider and may even pick a non-Democrat to show he is ready to change Washingington as we know it.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ENTJ

Obviously Clinton’s effect as a Vice President would most likely have less to do with the actual job description and more to do with the implications of her position. She’s a bit of a double edged sword. On the positive side she has strong support within both the Latino and female voter demographic and any ardent support of Obama could cause these voters to migrate towards him. This is important since 50% of Indiana’s surveyed Clinton supporters have declared that they will not vote for Obama in the general election; similar results were found in North Carolina (1). It remains to be seen whether this was merely caused by the polarized attitude of the primary election or whether this will actually yield true in the general. On the other hand, as CareBear pointed out, her gender could be a boon to those wishing for a more traditional candidacy, causing an already controversial African-American candidate to become even more controversial though her continued popularity among her supporters and the general popularity of the Clinton name seems to cancel this out; Obama represents an untried candidate and many people who would otherwise be to cautious to vote for him will migrate towards his vote if they associate him with a candidate as familiar as Hilary Clinton. Clintons role as a possible VP could end up having a large effect throughout the general elections even as her official executive power remains relatively small and even after the general election has concluded, you’d be kidding yourself to say that a Vice President, especially one as strong willed and influential as Clinton, could not have any effect on the presidency (2). As for the first question of this topic, it's difficult to say though the recent private negotiations between Obama and the Clintons hands credence to the possible near future declaration of his VP. McCain and Clinton were already nearing such a statement (3) and McCain's declaration could lead to the pressure for Obama to do the same.

(1) 50% of Clinton Supporters Won’t Support Obama: MinnPost - Primary results put super squeeze on superdelegates to back Obama

(2) Political Effect of the Previous VP: Pushing the Envelope on Presidential Power | Cheney | washingtonpost.com

(3) VP Declaration: Hillary Ready to Declare Her VP Choice

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

1) I hope Obama picks Richardson.

2) Anyone who thinks McCain has a chance of winning is really kidding themselves. McCain's two weakest issues are the economy and the war, and those are also the two most important issues to people right now. Plus most people have finally learned to hate George W. Bush like good Americans. Obama is a sure win this year just because he's a Democrat. People may think the media has a lot of influence, but having no house and no job influences people a lot more than anything a person on TV could say.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    1) I hope Obama picks Richardson.

2) Anyone who thinks McCain has a chance of winning is really kidding themselves. McCain's two weakest issues are the economy and the war, and those are also the two most important issues to people right now. Plus most people have finally learned to hate George W. Bush like good Americans. Obama is a sure win this year just because he's a Democrat. People may think the media has a lot of influence, but having no house and no job influences people a lot more than anything a person on TV could say.
    Unfortunately for Obama, people with no house and no job tend not to vote. If McCain wins, the Democrats will have to take a long, hard look in the mirror and figure out what the hell they are doing wrong, because this election should be a slam dunk (even though the McCain = Bush III meme is pretty much BS; they have major policy differences and hate each other's guts).
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"