User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Obama "didn't show up" as they say... I think Romney might have had a better debate vs. Eastwood's empty chair.

It was actually weird to see. The passion and optimism just wasn't there in Obama's tone tonight. It was almost like he was ok with not even trying.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    If you need help making this bearable...

lol! That was awesome.

I'm actually in the process of getting intoxicated for the express purpose of ignoring the debate and subsequent commentary by the talking heads....maybe I should have read your post beforehand. Ah well, back to 'Nightmare Detective'!

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I'd like to go into suspended animation for the next few weeks and wake up when everybody's done confusing facts and opinions.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    I'd like to go into suspended animation for the next few weeks and wake up when everybody's done confusing facts and opinions.
    I just made the mistake of responding to a friend's FaceBook post, and some Obama nut was in there spewing off all her reasons why Obama is the greatest thing in the world, so he couldn't have done poorly in the debate, and assuming if anyone said he did poorly, they must be voting for Romney. Obama love hides a multitude of sins, I guess...

I extricated myself as quickly as I could. I think I'm staying off any FaceBook conversations from now on.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I just made the mistake of responding to a friend's FaceBook post, and some Obama nut was in there spewing off all her reasons why Obama is the greatest thing in the world, so he couldn't have done poorly in the debate, and assuming if anyone said he did poorly, they must be voting for Romney. Obama love hides a multitude of sins, I guess...

I extricated myself as quickly as I could. I think I'm staying off any FaceBook conversations from now on.
    Yeah, I just had an English prof from my church give me a hard time for making a grammatical error in a quote I made of Madow on fb. He then went on to state that the victory of Romney was overstated by the echo chamber.

Edit: that's not as bad as you, but it was still uncomfortable for me.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    "Could have's" and 'should have's" don't win you votes.
    Ah well, unfortunately not. I still think he would do less damage to our country.

Regardless, I think he's smarter and less crazy.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Well, now that the individual mandate is a tax...
    Good point. Why didn't I think of that?

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    I did like McCain but Obama won me over with "Yes we can!". These types of slogans really impress me because they are so deep and meaningful.
    Not sure if serious.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

WALMART

Not serious, SD.

I wish real programs would be talked about, apart from...

You know, the rhetorical bullshit.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Ah well, unfortunately not. I still think he would do less damage to our country.

Regardless, I think he's smarter and less crazy.

I'm coming to understand not crazy does not mean better.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    I agree with everyone else in this thread who's said that Romney won tonight.

I consider myself fairly liberal, and find myself slightly disconcerted to say that while I fully intend to vote for Obama, for the first time I feel pretty comfortable with the election going to either side. I felt Romney made a number of strong points that Obama either agreed with, had no response to, or did little to improve upon.

Given that I'm 99.9% certain that the VP debates will be a wash as Ryan will wipe the floor with Biden, the President is gonna have to up his game substantially in order to even things out so that the debates don't hurt his numbers long-term.
    Even without the voodoo economics Romney has a problem for people that have followed him closely (which probably aren't the undecided voters). In the debate last night he took a huge leap to the center, pretty out of the blue. He also seems to be doing this weird pick and choose thing with his economic plan. He kept replying to everything Obama said about his plan that was supposedly untrue with righteousness and incredulity, but who could blame Obama? Nobody really knows what Romney's plan is, he keeps us guessing. It's put him in this situation where at the debates he can make up what he needs about himself on the spot. For me, while he had better form, he came across like an oily salesman, because I know his history. It would sort of be like me supporting Scott Brown instead of Elizabeth Warren because Brown has been pretending to be moderate left as of late. I don't believe if for a second.
    Go to sleep, iguana.