User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

There at least two points when I thought of an answer that seemed better than the ones Obama gave.

Obama seemed to keep a theme on Romney having a history of being vague (though not a very strong one as Obama maintained no strong themes). When education came up and Romney said he would not cut spending on education I would have pounced, because up to that point he had already denied planning to cut so many things. If I were Obama, I would said that if tax cuts and spending cuts were so important to Romney's plan then he should actually tell us what he is going to cut instead of everything he somehow isn't.

The other thing is, as sort of highlighted already, I would have attacked his economic plan. I would have pointed out that without the "accounting for growth part", it wouldn't add up at all, and the "accounting for growth" part is basically an insubstantial, magical non-answer somehow expected to hold his whole plan together. It's like the underpants gnomes.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

WALMART

To say Romney won...

sigh.

He finds the upper ceiling for middle class to be 250k combined total household income -_-

Talk about what drives inflation...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    I finally agree with you on something.
    What? Then speak up man!

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    My bad. I was typing as I was thinking. That's true that he has not directly, but he has lowered the value of the middle class indirectly through resulting inflation of his failed policies, whether or not that was his intention.
    Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    He didn't. They're just out of work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    And when precisely did Obama raise taxes on the middle class?
    Well, now that the individual mandate is a tax...
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

What? Then speak up man!
    Oh, um, lol.
    I agreed fully with what you said; it was as if you were speaking for me, so I just wanted to say that, since I don't think that has really ever happened (not that I think that's a bad thing! I don't! Too much agreement is probably just as bad as too much disagreement).
    I'm embarrassed now.

Klingon Warrior Princess Patches's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I thought Obama got killed. Romney did a very good job. He was confident and had a lot of facts at his disposal. He established facts that showed success as governor in exactly the areas where Obama claims to have an edge. He specifically targeted failures of results of the Obama administration. Obama showed noticeable irritation, lacked energy and seemed weak in comparison. I was pretty surprised how lopsided it seemed to be.
    I agree entirely with this assessment.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

~

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Romney's an idiot, and watching him debate would just be depressing. I bet if he didn't have writers and coaches Obama could kick his ass any day.
    "Could have's" and 'should have's" don't win you votes.

Obama got his ass kicked, from what I saw. he just wasn't there.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Obama seemed to keep a theme on Romney having a history of being vague (though not a very strong one as Obama maintained no strong themes). When education came up and Romney said he would not cut spending on education I would have pounced, because up to that point he had already denied planning to cut so many things. If I were Obama, I would said that if tax cuts and spending cuts were so important to Romney's plan then he should actually tell us what he is going to cut instead of everything he somehow isn't.

The other thing is, as sort of highlighted already, I would have attacked his economic plan. I would have pointed out that without the "accounting for growth part", it wouldn't add up at all, and the "accounting for growth" part is basically an insubstantial, magical non-answer somehow expected to hold his whole plan together. It's like the underpants gnomes.
    I agree with the bolded points. Obama actually came across as much more vague to me - speaking in platitudes as compared to Romney so his argument seemed to hold little validity to someone watching who is not overly familiar with the context/background. The accounting for growth comment is especially important. It was brilliant because if Obama had brought that up then he would have looked pessimistic on the future and of course he would never do that because it is not his style.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

I agree with everyone else in this thread who's said that Romney won tonight.

I consider myself fairly liberal, and find myself slightly disconcerted to say that while I fully intend to vote for Obama, for the first time I feel pretty comfortable with the election going to either side. I felt Romney made a number of strong points that Obama either agreed with, had no response to, or did little to improve upon.

Given that I'm 99.9% certain that the VP debates will be a wash as Ryan will wipe the floor with Biden, the President is gonna have to up his game substantially in order to even things out so that the debates don't hurt his numbers long-term.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I haven't registered to vote since Gore vs. Bush. I thought Bush was a dummy. I actually might register so I can vote for Romney if it's not too late. You might say I'm a swing vote type of person - neither Democrat or Republican. I did like McCain but Obama won me over with "Yes we can!". These types of slogans really impress me because they are so deep and meaningful.

Tri-type 639