User Tag List

First 123412 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, to give Obama a little credit, he's doing a president's job right now 24/7 + having to prep for a debate. He sounds horribly tired/distracted to me. What's Romney doing right now besides campaigning?
    Yeah, that's largely it. Romney was ridiculously prepped for this on a level high above Obama.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Much of the debate has been insubstantial. A lot of it has involved declaring not immediately verifiable aspects of the opponent's plan and the opponent then saying "nuh-uh!'. Very little time has been spent by the candidates explaining their own position.

But I did take this away. If I had known nothing about the candidates before this debate, I would end up voting for Obama thus far, because Romney, in one of the few moments he really did define his plans, started talking unbearable economic nonsense. He was talking about how you can't balance a budget with taxes! He eluded to the highly exaggerated version of the laffer curve, that taxes make business stop hiring and consumers stop spending so severely as to counter tax revenue. And he quickly through in this bit in his plan about "accounting for growth", which is to say, these cuts will suddenly cause growth that make up for them and pay of deficit, and there's no good reason to think that will happen.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Romney should have worn a plaid jacket.
    That would have sealed the deal.
    The ultimate used car salesman, as our Commander In Chief.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    But I did take this away. If I had known nothing about the candidates before this debate, I would end up voting for Obama thus far, because Romney, in one of the few moments he really did define his plans, started talking unbearable economic nonsense. He was talking about how you can't balance a budget with taxes! He eluded to the highly exaggerated version of the laffer curve, that taxes make business stop hiring and consumers stop spending so severely as to counter tax revenue. And he quickly through in this bit in his plan about "accounting for growth", which is to say, these cuts will suddenly cause growth that make up for them and pay of deficit, and there's no good reason to think that will happen.
    For the little bit I saw, I was rolling my eyes because it became an "I say, you say" thing... Obama's talking about some nebulous analysis by the "experts" criticizing Romney's plan, and then Romney just says, "Well there are 6 other analyses about your analysis that thinks it was stupid, so there!" I mean, what a waste of time to listen to. These guys need to drop some details once in awhile just to sound credible.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    Romney should have worn a plaid jacket.
    That would have sealed the deal.
    The ultimate used car salesman, as our Commander In Chief.
    That's exactly what my brother and I call Romney— a used car salesman.
    Oily bastard. Lol.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Romney's an idiot, and watching him debate would just be depressing. I bet if he didn't have writers and coaches Obama could kick his ass any day.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Romney won on form. Obama, I think, won on substance but Americans will pay far more attention to style. It's quite questionable whether or not this will actually make anybody change their vote. Usually only really amazing stuff in debates has any impact.

I'm a little bit surprised by how little Obama when for typical attacks. Nothing about the 47% comments, nothing about Bain Capital. It was odd. Obama came across like he simply didn't do any preparation.

EDIT: I replaced substance with style.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    Much of the debate has been insubstantial. A lot of it has involved declaring not immediately verifiable aspects of the opponent's plan and the opponent then saying "nuh-uh!'. Very little time has been spent by the candidates explaining their own position.

He wants to lower taxes on the middle class so that the focus is on strengthening the economy. By doing this, the government makes that money back in federal taxes as the economy improves. It's a sound strategy. And the government can still run programs that they think will help create jobs as well without having to control everything.
    Taxing the middle class stunts growth fundamentally, giving the government more control over the economy; and Obama had his chance to do this and failed miserably, increasing the deficit.

Really, where is the ambiguity?

Quote Originally Posted by greenfairy View Post
    Romney's an idiot, and watching him debate would just be depressing. I bet if he didn't have writers and coaches Obama could kick his ass any day.
    As long as Obama had his TelePrompTer.