User Tag List

First 6141516

MBTI
    INTP

So far, Romney's has increased his lead by one point in both the Gallup and Rasmussen polls....

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    So far, Romney's has increased his lead by one point in both the Gallup and Rasmussen polls....
    I just hope it's a clear victory. This country doesn't need another Gore v. Bush.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I've still got my vote from 2008 saved for Hillary.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Why do people care about whether or not Obama admitted that it was a terrorist attack a day or two after?
    That wasn't the point; the point was that his administration took two weeks to label it as a terrorist attack, that even after Obama has said it was, he didn't stay firm on that.
    Instead his administration seemed intent on making sure that everyone understands that it wasn't, even though there was plenty of evidence to suggest otherwise. And this is what created the problem - the president saying one thing and the evidence saying another. It's ludicrous for the leader of country to give the impression that evidence is being ignored. It's just another nail in the coffin to the question of whether or not he knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Are you a low-information voter?
    Humor me.

What is the outline for Obama's agenda for making sure that the economy recovers? Is it different than what he has been doing and if it isn't, why do you think it's going to work when in the last four years it has not been helping?

That's my bottom line. If this makes me low-information because I care very little about a candidate who doesn't make any of this clear, while attacking his opponent who does, but for not providing insane amounts of details he himself will never produce, then fine.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    ....and obama can serve only 2 terms, so 2016 he is out of there
    I think this is the best reason for those on the border between voting for Obama or Romney on why a person should vote for Obama this election: Tha Good ol' 22 Amendment.

If I was Obama's debate coach I would have him insert this fact in between his rhetoric. (Although I am voting 3rd party myself, seriously, If I had to choose one of the front-runners, the 22nd Amendment would be the decisive variable).
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...1365?auto=true

not sure if anyone linked it already, pretty funny
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Little_Sticks View Post
    What is the outline for Obama's agenda for making sure that the economy recovers? Is it different than what he has been doing and if it isn't, why do you think it's going to work when in the last four years it has not been helping?
    It has helped, but so far, only a little. It will take far more than 4 years, perhaps more than 8, to dig ourselves out of the deep economic hole we find ourselves in.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Every now and then, analysis is so stupid that I cannot bother to read through an entire article and must instead show people what I've read. Here we go again. This one is from the Washington Times

SALT LAKE CITY, October 27, 2012—You know the game is coming to a close for the Obama re-election campaign when the Left begins to describe how Romney won't govern from the right, as E. J. Dionne did this week; or how Romney can't possibly govern from the center, as Jonathan Alter did yesterday.

This is a repackaging of a time-honored and favorite theme of liberals: they regularly label mainstream Republicans as "extremists."

Politically, the Left attempts to sway swing voters to their ranks by accusing the Republicans of having "become the most extreme major political party in generations."

It's laughable on its face, given that over half the country supports Republicans. It cannot possibly be that if a majority of the population believes x, that x is extreme. It's definitional.
    So there you go. If half of a country supports a party or politician, then that party or politician can't be extreme. Just try applying that one throughout history.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm more bothered by the continual blending I see going on in mainstream media between actual news/analysis vs op-eds masquerading as such. Big case in point was the shift in Newsweek last year -- it didn't necessarily draw a sharp distinction between the two as much as it could have, but then it completely just quit pretending and leaped totally into just having a bunch of opinion articles and editiors.

And of course Internet news/media went this direction long ago, and I can't begin to list the number of headlines that actually misrepresented the entire article itself just to sound more provocative than the article actually was.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft