User Tag List

First 513141516 Last

Results 141 to 150 of 159

  1. #141
    Ghost Monkey Soul Vizconde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE
    Posts
    4,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    I have a better idea. Why don't we decrease the level of influence of democracy by stripping the president of all the extra powers that have been taken from congress over the past few decades.
    Oh my, such extreme measures. Next think you will advocate that government follow its constituion. ;-)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

    Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

  2. #142
    Member MXZCCT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Posts
    84

    Default

    The only reason I am going to vote for Obama is because when it comes to Romney I do not trust him. With anything. His economic policies are a joke. Not raising takes on the wealthy and his plan to close loop holes when it comes to taxes, would not settle the debt. Romney would still need a 6.5 percent economic growth for five years to not add any more to the national debt. He has flip flopped on too many issues and has been caught. Although I am still on the fence when it comes to Obama's health health reform.

  3. #143
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Who said Obama endorses the death of Americans???
    Oh sorry -- I thought you had FaceBook access where you lived.

    The argument is that Obama's administration was incompetant in keeping the embassy safe from a planned terrorist attack and then tried to cover up their incompetence by blaming the attack on spontaneous protests.

    If both those allegations are true than this isn't a matter of exploiting mere details.
    If that is the point, I'm not sure why the argument over semantics like "acts of terror" vs "terrorist attack" is meaningful. The argument should be centered around other details.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  4. #144
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Oh sorry -- I thought you had FaceBook access where you lived.[/
    As you can imagine I have a lot of conservative friends and I don't recall any of my friends saying anything like that. seriously. Besides it's a red herring and has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Do you want me to bring up my fb friends who think people vote against Obama only because they are hateful racists? Or how about the countless tweets from idiots on twitter saying they would assasinate Romney if he were elected?



    that is the point, I'm not sure why the argument over semantics like "acts of terror" vs "terrorist attack" is meaningful. The argument should be centered around other details.
    That's an excellent argument for Candy staying the hell out of it.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  5. #145
    @.~*virinaĉo*~.@ Totenkindly's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne
    Posts
    42,333

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    As you can imagine I have a lot of conservative friends and I don't recall any of my friends saying anything like that. seriously. Besides it's a red herring and has nothing to do with what we're talking about. Do you want me to bring up my fb friends who think people vote against Obama only because they are hateful racists? Or how about the countless tweets from idiots on twitter saying they would assasinate Romney if he were elected?
    Why does it matter what your friends do, in regards to what I see on Facebook?

    I'm sharing my experience with you, so just accept it and live with it like i've just done with yours.


    That's an excellent argument for Candy staying the hell out of it.
    Again, she made a minor reactive flub, which maybe deserves to be noted; but it sounds like it's just an excuse to avoid dealing with the actual debate points.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

    “Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

  6. #146
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Why does it matter what your friends do, in regards to what I see on Facebook?

    I'm sharing my experience with you, so just accept it and live with it like i've just done with you.
    Oh, you were sharing your experience with me. I just thought it was a red herring and a straw man.

    Seriously, you don't have to think Obama is a muslim terrorist to think there is something fishy here.

    Remember, this is a guy who has vigorously protected his AJ from the fast and furious fiasco.
    Protecting friends and punishing enemies is his MO.

    Ignoring this issue or playing it off as unimportant can only be explained by partisanship. Trust me. I'm not making a big deal out of this because I love Romney. I'm supporting him, but my personal desire is that he lose so we can get a better candidate in 2016.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  7. #147
    Yup
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    Istj
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Oh, you were sharing your experience with me. I just thought it was a red herring and a straw man.

    Seriously, you don't have to think Obama is a muslim terrorist to think there is something fishy here.

    Remember, this is a guy who has vigorously protected his AJ from the fast and furious fiasco.
    Protecting friends and punishing enemies is his MO.

    Ignoring this issue or playing it off as unimportant can only be explained by partisanship. Trust me. I'm not making a big deal out of this because I love Romney. I'm supporting him, but my personal desire is that he lose so we can get a better candidate in 2016.
    thats with all leaders who come into power, dur and obama can serve only 2 terms, so 2016 he is out of there

  8. #148
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    thats with all leaders who come into power, dur
    Sure, but few believe in it so much that they are willing to openly advocate it.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...r_enemies.html

    and obama can serve only 2 terms, so 2016 he is out of there

    Talk about "dur."
    Go back. If you don't see the mistake you made then you are part of the reason why democracy won't work.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  9. #149
    Senior Member Nicodemus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    9,133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    So you're going to make them intellegent by giving them a central authority that will convey to them "the facts."
    Nothing will make them intelligent. But having facts instead of lies right away will at least allow them to form a personal opinion. Are there statistics on how many people read/watch the post-debate fact checks?

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    You just can't avoid the totalitarian nature of what you're advocating.
    I am not even pretending to. I want Will McAvoy dictatorship in a debate.

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    I have a better idea. Why don't we decrease the level of influence of democracy by stripping the president of all the extra powers that have been taken from congress over the past few decades.
    Don't even get me started on democracy...

  10. #150
    Senior Member cafe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None
    Posts
    9,827

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Sure, but few believe in it so much that they are willing to openly advocate it.
    http://www.realclearpolitics.com/vid...r_enemies.html
    That kind of fear-mongering and manipulation turns my stomach, no matter who does it. I guess it must work because almost all of them do it.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Similar Threads

  1. Who's your 2012 Presidential candidate?
    By swordpath in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 03-02-2012, 05:31 PM
  2. Possible 2012 Presidential Candidates
    By pure_mercury in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 12-04-2009, 09:31 PM
  3. Synchronized Presidential Debating (vid)
    By ThatsWhatHeSaid in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2008, 01:33 PM
  4. Presidential Debate 2008 Reviews
    By Tigerlily in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 09-28-2008, 07:56 AM
  5. Ron Paul Wins Another Presidential Debate
    By FranG in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 12:31 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO