User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

The dems have been begging for money via email for a while now.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    The dems have been begging for money via email for a while now.
    I know, but it's gotten terribly worse in the last week.

I'm also under the impression they were lying for much of it, where they made it sound like Romney had raised a ton more money than Obama in the last six months, but I think the general media when they've listed figures have actually stated that Obama has raised a lot of cash and the situation was not nearly so dire... Obama might have even raised more.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I know, but it's gotten terribly worse in the last week.

I'm also under the impression they were lying for much of it, where they made it sound like Romney had raised a ton more money than Obama in the last six months, but I think the general media when they've listed figures have actually stated that Obama has raised a lot of cash and the situation was not nearly so dire... Obama might have even raised more.
    For their official campaigns, I think they are just about evenly paced, but Romney has an assload more in superPAC support. Like, crazy amounts more.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Headline from Yahoo News:
    That headline might come back to bite him very shortly: http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...-loophole.html

Some people are speculating that Obama did poorly in the debates because he was informed about the story (also in Newsweek) beforehand, and it distracted him.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

So, even if Obama recovers and wins, Romney already has experienced maybe the greatest turn around in the history of American presidential elections, and amazingly it has been caused by a debate, which are historically known to have little impact. Precedent has been shattered, we are not in uncharted territory. Here be dragons.

I think Obama actually has a very serious chance of losing, as baffling as that is given his crushing superiority only a week ago. Of course as an Obama supporter (or maybe more of a Romney opposer) this is infuriating to me, but I really want to focus on a particular problem I have with him right now. Romney's pivot to the center of the political beltway has reached the absurd. Just look up his stance on anything, like health care, immigration, abortion, taxes, you name it, he's saying something totally in contradiction with what he said before the debates and his team claim he's never changed a thing. Romney may be a politician and a candidate, but even within those categories he's being superlatively duplicitous. It makes my head hurt to think he could win with this tactic. His pants are burning with the force of the sun.

There's basically no one who shouldn't be pissed at Mitt Romney right now. If you're moderate or liberal, you should hate him for being a poser. If you're conservative, you should hate him for being a traitor.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Ryan's mimic is pure comedy.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I'm gaming, so not watching the debate, but I'm watching the Yahoo live news feed from the commentators and audience as the debate unfolds.... kind of funny.

Biden apparently actually showed up for this debate, unlike Obama last week. Who thought Crazy Joe had it in him?

EDIT: Also, the moderator is getting great kudos and seems to be controlling the debate firmly, as opposed to last week with Romney running roughshod.

EDIT EDIT: Holy... there's already a t-shirt being sold on the 'net with a quote from the debate that isn't yet over:
    http://teespring.com/awesometshirtsmalarky

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Someone said Obama stock is rising on Intrade.

This whole thing is such a carnival.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

We regard Presidential elections with horror, for we don't vote for a leader, we vote for Parliamentary Parties and the Parliament decides on our leader.

It's plain to us that Presidential elections are personality elections. And why not - for both Presidential Parties are Parties of business - so there is nothing to choose between them except personality.

So how natural to devote ourselves to personality on Central.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

With all due respect, that's a bunch of malarky.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Moderator is apparently keeping people's feet pinned to the floor. Apparently she asked Ryan if he had specifics, when his answers were too vague. From what people have said, she's been hard on both of them. About time there's been a debate with a moderator that keeps a grip on things and also pushes on either when they get too fluffy. That's the kind of stuff the public needs to hear, in order to make more informed decisions. I hate the debates where the moderator doesn't trying to get candidates to clarify their answers and just lets them spoon out Miss America answers.