First 2345 Last

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    So you're telling me that we should try to emulate China economically?
    Not really. My point was larger than that. It was about power and how power tends to be accrued and used in the real world (often not for altruistic or egalitarian purposes). The problem is that you seem to be a fairly "good" man, a "straight shooter." Because of this I think you take people like Romney at face value. As someone whose -words- match their intentions. I would suggest that perhaps this is a bit naive.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Not really. My point was larger than that. It was about power and how power tends to be accrued and used in the real world (often not for altruistic or egalitarian purposes).
    I'm well aware of the occupy kool aid you're trying to sell.

A man is not guilty because of his station of birth.

The problem is that you seem to be a fairly "good" man, a "straight shooter." Because of this I think you take people like Romney at face value. As someone whose -words- match their intentions. I would suggest that perhaps this is a bit naive.
    The fact that you think I take anything at face value belies a very profound lack of understanding of who I am.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I'll vote for the guy who at least has the good sense to support or at least make a plausible lie stating that my best interests are being supported.
    The recent republican "war on women" was not very wise. I can't in good faith support anyone whose political platform encourages taking away women's choices. I can't support something that could be detrimental to my own well being.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INTP

This is exactly why we need to outlaw inheritance

We squander far too much of our national wealth based on station of birth. Instead, we could use this wealth to provide healthcare and education to our populace.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Yes let's end the greatest incentive to success since the dawn of intelligent man.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Yes let's end the greatest incentive to success since the dawn of intelligent man.
    I thought doing well for yourself was an incentive to success. Like enjoying your wealth. Personal comfort seems like a good motivator.
    Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    St. Stephen took rocks and St. Sebastian took arrows. You only have to take some jerks on an internet forum. Nut up.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm not speaking of Mendelian inheritance. Sex should remain.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

we also need heavier gun regulation because guns kill people and we dont need guns going into mexico. weapons should not be in the hands of mormons, its unnatural.

guilty because station of birth? really?! what jackass thinks that?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I'm well aware of the occupy kool aid you're trying to sell.

The fact that you think I take anything at face value belies a very profound lack of understanding of who I am.
    Who said anything about his station of birth? I'm talking about actions that he has taken and the policies that he supports. Unfortunately, you interpret these differently because...? To me he is no different than a Chinese entrepeneur or politician who takes the same actions. Who are you then? I just see you quoting articles from "reputable" sources without ever questioning the motivations of the people who write them.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    Who are you then?
    Just someone who's worked in politics in a position to know better.