User Tag List

First 789101119 Last

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Can we get back to talking about homos please?
    I agree, and if you want to start another thread heart, then I will be happy to discuss this with you there.

Jeffster, I understand you have your reasons for feeling the way you do, and I hope you someday have experiences that will change your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Heh. I guess I should have just said "It's two dudes. Do I gotta draw ya a diagram?" If I'm just going to get insulted anyway, might as well not waste time trying to construct actual paragraphs. But, whatever, pity me if you want to. I'm sure you're not the first. Life goes on.
    I was being serious about my question, by the way...
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    Like I said, totally different world views. It's not likely I would be able to come up with a way for you to understand when we're obviously so far apart, and likewise I can't fathom viewing it that way. I'm sorry that i'm not a good debater or writer on this type of issue, but I have tried many times in other forums and seemed to have failed miserably to do so, I haven't had any breakthrough which allows me to explain things that the Holy Spirit makes clear to me every day.
    If the holy spirit told you to jump off a bridge would you do that too? I'm not trying to be offensive, but what i get from you is that your beliefs are obviously very religious and you aren't putting yourself in another persons' shoes to gain a more personal belief or value. Doesn't the bible teach that you should treat others the way you want to be treated and to love thy neighbor as thyself? Imagine yourself being in a position where you are in love with another man, but are not allowed to marry this man, and are not allowed to adopt a child. Think of all the things you have to miss out on just because you are a homosexual. Imagine that you didn't choose to be that way.

What if things were switched around, and the bible said that heterosexuality was a sin, and the government wouldn't allow straight couples to be married or adopt children, or have any rights that weren't equal to those of homosexual couples? how would this make you feel? would it be fair?
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I agree, and if you want to start another thread heart, then I will be happy to discuss this with you there.
    I suspected you could not support your statements about Fi and the moral compass being more prone to prejudice than Fe. If you don't want to be challenged on such comments, then refrain from making them in these threads.

MBTI
    ENFJ

This matter is not going to be solved by trying to make people feel guilty or by appealing to emotions. This has to be discussed honestly, openly and without judgement if we're going to get anywhere.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

i am discussing my honest, open and non judgmental opinions.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    This matter is not going to be solved by trying to make people feel guilty or by appealing to emotions. This has to be discussed honestly, openly and without judgement if we're going to get anywhere.
    It's an emotive issue, directly tied to a very personal and intimate aspect of who I am. I am far from perfect, so I am inclined to judge, especially when people are not forthcoming in explaining how they have come to their conclusions. So I'll refrain from posting further unless it is simply to ask questions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Jeffster, I understand you have your reasons for feeling the way you do, and I hope you someday have experiences that will change your mind.
    Thank you, and I hope you'll realize you don't need to pity me, and it's okay for us to have different views on the subject.

I was being serious about my question, by the way...
    I was serious with my answers, for the most part. Sorry if I seemed dismissive, but several people kinda threw things at me at the same time.

If the holy spirit told you to jump off a bridge would you do that too? I'm not trying to be offensive, but what i get from you is that your beliefs are obviously very religious and you aren't putting yourself in another persons' shoes to gain a more personal belief or value. Doesn't the bible teach that you should treat others the way you want to be treated and to love thy neighbor as thyself? Imagine yourself being in a position where you are in love with another man, but are not allowed to marry this man, and are not allowed to adopt a child. Think of all the things you have to miss out on just because you are a homosexual. Imagine that you didn't choose to be that way.

What if things were switched around, and the bible said that heterosexuality was a sin, and the government wouldn't allow straight couples to be married or adopt children, or have any rights that weren't equal to those of homosexual couples? how would this make you feel? would it be fair?
    See, this is why I love that there is an entire forum devoted to personality types and the way we look at things. You NFs deal in hypotheticals, I deal with reality. You might as well ask me what if people wore shoes on their hands and hamburgers ate people? (I hear that happens only in Rand McNally, located way in the Southern Hemisphere.)

MBTI
    ENFJ

It's an emotive issue, directly tied to a very personal and intimate aspect of who I am. I am far from perfect, so I am inclined to judge, especially when people are not forthcoming in explaining how they have come to their conclusions. So I'll refrain from posting further unless it is simply to ask questions.
    I understand that it's an emotive issue. Trust me on this one; I understand.

I've been there. I'm still confronted with the issue every day of my life, and I don't think that there's an hour of the day where this issue doesn't cross my mind. And I know that it's hard not to get all :steam: when people demonstrate that they haven't thought about it as deeply as you have, but people have much better reactions and are much more willing to be open and will consider more when they're shown acceptance and don't have to worry about being judged.

Seriously, what's the sense in essentially saying, "I disapprove of your disapproval."

We must fight out of necessity. But let's choose our battles and how we fight them wisely.

heart on fire

when people are not forthcoming in explaining how they have come to their conclusions. ..

I was having much the same though. Fancy that.