User Tag List

First 4567816 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Many of you are too SJ to understand my arguments, though, and cannot comprehend anything but your small-minded reality.
    This has got to be a joke.

MBTI
    INXP

I think that civil partnerships are a good idea for those who are so inclined. In the UK they are the equivalent of marriage for gay couples. The reason why I think they are a good idea? Well, it is that they allow the couple to have the same tax/govt benefits as a married couple of opposite genders.

So.. they can leave property when they die to one another, pass on pension rights, own things jointly without a tax headache. All of these things were previously barred to gay couples. Seems fairer to allow them to make a civil contract between themselves that gives access to equal rights. I'll stay out of whether churches should call it marriage (as it doesn't interest me)

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Many of you are too SJ to understand my arguments, though, and cannot comprehend anything but your small-minded reality.
    Wtf. Even if that statement were true and not drenched in irony, you make the arguments. It's not as though we put them in your mouth and then get angry at them. You're the one who makes intuitive jumps in your arguments, which is fine, but when people don't follow, it's your problem, not theirs, as intuition is illogical and irrational.

Furthermore, you live in a fucking SJ world. Know your audience, and your place, quite frankly. If you want everyone to understand your arguments then maybe you should lay it out in a simple to understand way. Fuckin' get used to it and deal like the rest of us or stay on your mountain.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Wrong.

Norway is the developed country with the highest rate of pre-marital sex.
    Yay us! Always good to see that one's contributions mattered.

And booyah, our country is not unraveling because of it. A lot of the "illegitimate" children live with both parents (who just didn't marry), and the laws have been remade so that the rights of parents and children are basically the same as if they were married.

Divorce rates are high in Norway as well, but it carries little social stigma for the children these days and parents normally don't move far so the children can still see both parents several times a week, attend the same school etc. Ofc there are exceptions, and a divorce is never ideal for children, but the stats aren't as dire as they might first appear.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Carebear View Post
    Ofc there are exceptions, and a divorce is never ideal for children, but the stats aren't as dire as they might first appear.
    And they're certainly not as dire as those of the United States.

Hi Carebear. How've you been
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    And they're certainly not as dire as those of the United States.

Hi Carebear. How've you been
    (I've been finishing my masters thesis in history. So I've been stressed and annoyed by the laggy servers, but I'm great now. Getting my grade Thursday. )

And I agree. Things DO look worse for the US.
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    What is your stance and why?
    I think gay people should be allowed to have the same rights that a straight person has. We are all people and we all deserve to be treated equally.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    I personally don't want to live in a society where homosexuality is treated as just another trait to somebody like race or ethnic group, because I don't believe it is that. Maybe you do want to live in that environment. I think there's already enough immorality around for my son to be exposed to, we don't need to add any more by putting a big government stamp of approval on it.
    What makes homosexuality immoral? Your religious beliefs? How would it be bad if your child was exposed to it? How exactly is sexuality different from a race or ethnic group?

Forgive me for asking those questions, but I usually find that people have no idea what they are talking about when they make those kind of arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INTP

I think there's already enough immorality around for my son to be exposed to, we don't need to add any more by putting a big government stamp of approval on it.
    So uh............ how old is this son of yours?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I personally don't want to live in a society where homosexuality is treated as just another trait to somebody like race or ethnic group, because I don't believe it is that. Maybe you do want to live in that environment. I think there's already enough immorality around for my son to be exposed to, we don't need to add any more by putting a big government stamp of approval on it.
    Well...I certainly hope he isn't too influenced by your intolerance either. You can't help that any more than a gay person can help their orientation, right?