User Tag List

First 11192021

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    The church has no special privilege, as Edahn was asserting with his original argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    Like I said before, marriage isn't a wholly religious institution. It's commingled with the state by virtue of the fact that it accepts the benefits and protections offered by a state. If a church decides that it is going to open itself up to dispensing marriage licenses, then it should not be given free reign to decide who receives those benefits and who doesn't on the basis of race or sexual preference.
    It's this type of dishonesty that makes you impossible to have a conversation with. No where did I say that churches have some ability that is exclusive to the church. Saying the church can do something isn't the same as saying the church is the only body that can do something. I can't decide whether you do this as a dirty debate tactic, or whether you're just not able to keep these concepts separate in your head. Probably both. Either way, you're exhausting.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

I don't see why you guys take him seriously...

MBTI
    OMNi

It's this type of dishonesty that makes you impossible to have a conversation with. No where did I say that churches have some ability that is exclusive to the church. Saying the church can do something isn't the same as saying the church is the only body that can do something. I can't decide whether you do this as a dirty debate tactic, or whether you're just not able to keep these concepts separate in your head. Probably both. Either way, you're exhausting.
    That is why you guys need me. I never exhaust with arguing with Lat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    I don't see why you guys take him seriously...
    Which of the three or four are you referring to?
    I have arms for a fucking reaosn, so come hold me. Then we'll fuvk! Whoooooh! - GZA

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Your post about the churchs' 'state benefits': http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post214921

The only way that post makes any sense is if you're implying that those benefits are exclusive to religion. If you're not implying that, why even make the post? You might as well just post random wikipedia links. Pardon me for assuming you had a purpose. From now on, I'll never make that assumption about your posts.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    Your post about the churchs' 'state benefits': http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post214921

The only way that post makes any sense is if you're implying that those benefits are exclusive to religion. If you're not implying that, why even make the post? You might as well just post random wikipedia links. Pardon me for assuming you had a purpose. From now on, I'll never make that assumption about your posts.
    I can't speak for Edahn, but I post things without spoon feeding you exactly what I mean because I made the assumption that you didn't need me to. Sorry, I won't make that mistake anymore.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

This thread does have some interesting information in it, but has gotten quite long with enough nitpick posts for a closing.

I'll pick up some of the main details and start a new thread to keep things going.