User Tag List

First 81617181920 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    (which Brendan said he's fine with).
    Do not put words in my mouth.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsWhatHeSaid View Post
    How about a dentist who refuses to provide services or employ gay people? A doctor who refuses to inseminate a black woman? A private hospital that denies treatment to a Mexican man? None of these are governmental entities, and the first two are individuals. Same result? Discriminate away?
    Freedom of association would say that yes, they have the right to do so. However, in our era, medical personnel almost always receive money from the government in some way. Also, their individual licensing organizations would be free to decertify them for breaking internal anti-discrimination rules.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

So?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Do not put words in my mouth.
    Hmmm...

No, I don't have to just deal with it, and quite frankly, I'm not opposed to civil unrest.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    ENFJ

Hmmm...
    Yeah, hmmm indeed. I said not opposed to. I didn't say I was fine with it.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Wow, I get on the forum after a weekend and get a nice long gay marriage thread that has decayed somewhat into nitpicking.

If the thread continues to get more nitpickish I'll probably close it and start a fresh one,

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Ah Jesus, just STFU already. 50% less annoying my ass. Lateralus: Master of the Irrelevant.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    Yeah, hmmm indeed. I said not opposed to. I didn't say I was fine with it.
    Okay, whatever. :rolleyes2:

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Zergling View Post
    Wow, I get on the forum after a weekend and get a nice long gay marriage thread that has decayed somewhat into nitpicking.

If the thread continues to get more nitpickish I'll probably close it and start a fresh one,
    Please don't do that. The nitpicking is still interesting and there's some good discussion here.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Ah Jesus, just STFU already. 50% less annoying my ass. Lateralus: Master of the Irrelevant.

A certificate is not legally recognized. Only a license is, genius! Jesus Christ, you're so fucking lazy that you're not willing to look up a simple (but very important) definition on your own.

This entire debate is about the economic impact of marriage. Yet you refuse to acknowledge this subtle but important difference. It's the crux of your entire fucking debate.