User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ISTx

Default "Israel will be eliminated"

It seems this rhetoric has been going on since I can even remember... At what point is it to be taken seriously?

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...88N0HF20120924

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Jeez, does he want to start World War 3?

I know Ahmadinejad is usually all tough talk and he doesn't necessarily possess the sufficient power within the Iranian government to do more than talk - but seriously, he's basically daring Israel to strike Iran. And all he's doing is driving up sympathy for the Israelis and who's to say that won't result in more commitment from the US to back a strike.

His behaviour is baffling. He's either a imbecile or he's got some seriously dangerous ideas up his sleeve.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Anti-Semitism and Islam

Anti-semitism is a moral disease that can infect whole nations. And unfortunately anti-semitism has infected Islam across the entire world.

And the desired end of anti-semitism is the elimination of the Jews.

And to this end the 57 Islamic nations of the OIC (Organisation of Islamic Cooperation) have rejected the Universal Declaration of Human Rights in order to get rid of the Jews.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

if you read the whole article, that's not what he said (thank god). also, he's pretty much right about everything he said, taken from a historical (and humanitarian) perspective.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Ahmadinejad appeared to reject Washington's position that while it condemns the video's content, freedom of expression must be upheld. "Freedoms must not interfere with the freedoms of others," Ahmadinejad said. "If someone insults, what would you do? ... Is insulting other people not a form of crime?"
    No....no it isn't.

'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    if you read the whole article, that's not what he said (thank god). also, he's pretty much right about everything he said, taken from a historical (and humanitarian) perspective.

I do not see where it states that is not what he said.

Also, Jews never lived in Jerusalem? Now, I don't pride myself on my historic knowledge, but...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I do not see where it states that is not what he said.
    then read it again. i can't show you what he did not say (duh), it's you that are supposed to convince me of what he did say.
    Also, Jews never lived in Jerusalem? Now, I don't pride myself on my historic knowledge, but...
    your sentence is so full of logical fallacies. according to what you wrote, then all countries in europe could be declared the nation of gipsies, since they live there.

WALMART

then read it again. i can't show you what he did not say (duh), it's you that are supposed to convince me of what he did say.

your sentence is so full of logical fallacies. according to what you wrote, then all countries in europe could be declared the nation of gipsies, since they live there.

I really hate doing research just to prove a point, but I am feeling particularly lively today:

"We don't even count them as any part of any equation for Iran. During a historical phase, they (the Israelis) represent minimal disturbances that come into the picture and are then eliminated."

Now, what classifies as elimination? Who's to say, they could just up and let them be. Likely not, as evidenced by this piece:

In 2005, Ahmadinejad called Israel a "tumor" and echoed the words of the former Iranian Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, by saying that Israel should be wiped off the map.

So, 'Israel will be eliminated' is pretty in line with what the article and this thread records.

Logical fallacies? What is logical and what is a fallacy in terms of war and land exchange? I would be intrigued to debate with you the subject. I'll posit first: Israel is a nation that deserves to exist. Do you have reason for it not to?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

then we disagree severely on interpretation.

notice:
    "We don't even count them as any part of any equation for Iran. During a historical phase, they (the Israelis) represent minimal disturbances that come into the picture and are then eliminated."
    the subject of that sentence isn't israel, he's talking in general, using israelis as an example. he also did not say by whom the subject is to be eliminated, and thirdly, he said that israelis are not important for Iran. Therefore, there's nothing but a lot of meaningless talking here. He's just trying to stir shit up, like usual.

In 2005, Ahmadinejad called Israel a "tumor" and echoed the words of the former Iranian Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, by saying that Israel should be wiped off the map.
    in fact, he said should. not will. and again, there is no subject. he's again, trying to stir shit up, but it's inconsequential.

Logical fallacies? What is logical and what is a fallacy in terms of war and land exchange? I would be intrigued to debate with you the subject. I'll posit first: Israel is a nation that deserves to exist. Do you have reason for it not to?
    this is another logical fallacy now, because you are totally ignoring my argumentation (about gipsies) and trying to change the subject. logical fallacies are fallacies in structure, they do not depend on the subject being discussed ("war and land exchange"). so that's another argumentation mistake right there.
    the topic of this thread if "israel will be eliminated", and your logic against that is that there are israelis living in jerusalem. does not compute.
    also, i get no pleasure from discussing this with you, because since your argumentation is so flawed, we can't even get to the interesting part of discussing ideas. you are like a fence player who insists on hitting low. good night.

WALMART

then we disagree severely on interpretation.

notice:

the subject of that sentence isn't israel, he's talking in general, using israelis as an example. he also did not say by whom the subject is to be eliminated, and thirdly, he said that israelis are not important for Iran. Therefore, there's nothing but a lot of meaningless talking here. He's just trying to stir shit up, like usual.

in fact, he said should. not will. and again, there is no subject. he's again, trying to stir shit up, but it's inconsequential.

this is another logical fallacy now, because you are totally ignoring my argumentation (about gipsies) and trying to change the subject. logical fallacies are fallacies in structure, they do not depend on the subject being discussed ("war and land exchange"). so that's another argumentation mistake right there.
    the topic of this thread if "israel will be eliminated", and your logic against that is that there are israelis living in jerusalem. does not compute.
    also, i get no pleasure from discussing this with you, because since your argumentation is so flawed, we can't even get to the interesting part of discussing ideas. you are like a fence player who insists on hitting low. good night.

I've typed a thousand things to respond to this, but nothing seems fitting. It will all be a logical fallacy.

But I must post something. I keep hearing Marsellus Wallace in my head, That's pride, fucking with you.

Anyways, sleep well.