First 12345 Last

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Apparently you are a sionist.
    Not strictly speaking. I take a lot of interest in the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, and having read a lot about it (and having lived/travelled in both places), I have learned how messy and complicated it is. Because of this I don't entirely take a black and white approach with the issues or choose one 'side' or the other. I acknowledge there are a number of problems with Zionism.

But the fact is, Jews are now in Israel and have been for several generations. This can't be undone or changed, and it is not justifiable to drive them out. Anyone who persists in thinking that this is possible is either deluded or sick enough to genuinely consider attempting it. The only way forward is a two state solution. Countries like Iran, stand in the way of that, with their inflammatory rhetoric and their continued financing of Hamas. Of course, the Iranian government doesn't actually give a flying fuck about the Palestinians. They just want a convenient distraction for their people so they don't realise how oppressed they are.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont see the fate of the state of Israel as pivotal AT ALL in world politics

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Israel along with Ireland and Australia is a member of the United Nations. And we all joined the United Nations to defend against external attack. So we are bound to defend Israel against external attack.
    I dont agree with this.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Bringing your A Game to the forum as usual I see.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont agree with this.
    It doesn't matter if you disagree with it.

It is so.

Permabanned

A group of people think that it is their right, their god given right, to occupy a space.
    If that's their argument, they should be "eliminated".
    They have no authority over the wishes of god, not anymore than anyone else.
    Their argument from god is invalid.
    If I were to go into an unoccupied space and say "It's my god given right to be here", but others disagreed, then I'd expect opposition. By force, if necessary. Would I label the other side crazy? Maybe, but craziness is a reality.

If it is more a political position...then politics is ugly. Accept that they'll never be no oppositional forces to your politics.

World War 3 should have happened a long time ago.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Speed Gavroche View Post
    Apparently you are a sionist.
    This pretty much sums up European left-wing-ish views. If you don't think Israel should be wiped off the map - and even better, all Jews - you're a zionist.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    A group of people think that it is their right, their god given right, to occupy a space.
    If that's their argument, they should be "eliminated".
    They have no authority over the wishes of god, not anymore than anyone else.
    Their argument from god is invalid.
    If I were to go into an unoccupied space and say "It's my god given right to be here", but others disagreed, then I'd expect opposition. By force, if necessary. Would I label the other side crazy? Maybe, but craziness is a reality.

If it is more a political position...then politics is ugly. Accept that they'll never be no oppositional forces to your politics.

World War 3 should have happened a long time ago.
    There are some people in Israel who think like that, but what you have to realise is that this opinion is not shared by all Israelis. People often seem to believe that all Israelis are of one voice and opinion, but I don't think I've ever seen a country more politically divided. Many Israelis live a secular life and don't think in terms of religious claims over the land. They only approach the situation with the intention of defending their country. In fact, most of the secular population very much dislike the claims of the Othordox and Haredim; many even despise them and the problems they cause, but (very begrudgingly) feel obligated to go along with them because they are fellow Jews. But even this relationship is breaking down now.

This is much the same with the Palestinians too, but people often make the same mistake of assuming they are all religious fundamentalists. And unfortunately, in the international media, he who screams loudest will be heard the most.
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    Jeez, does he want to start World War 3?

I know Ahmadinejad is usually all tough talk and he doesn't necessarily possess the sufficient power within the Iranian government to do more than talk - but seriously, he's basically daring Israel to strike Iran. And all he's doing is driving up sympathy for the Israelis and who's to say that won't result in more commitment from the US to back a strike.

His behavior is baffling. He's either a imbecile or he's got some seriously dangerous ideas up his sleeve.
    They do say the most likely place, if World War 3 were to occur, would be between Israel and Iran.

Almost no other nation, besides Israel and Iran, want that to happen.

That is how much power Iran and Israel have, as weak as those two may seem to be, over us.

Quote Originally Posted by pinkgraffiti View Post
    if you read the whole article, that's not what he said (thank god). also, he's pretty much right about everything he said, taken from a historical (and humanitarian) perspective.
    That was my assumption also, but calling Israel a tumor isn't helping though. Or at least, the way he speak about Israel sure feels like it's an infestation that needs to be removed.

EDIT: Everyone is way ahead of me. DB.... carry on. lol

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Southern Kross View Post
    There are some people in Israel who think like that, but what you have to realise is that this opinion is not shared by all Israelis. People often seem to believe that all Israelis are of one voice and opinion, but I don't think I've ever seen a country more politically divided. Many Israelis live a secular life and don't think in terms of religious claims over the land. They only approach the situation with the intention of defending their country. In fact, most of the secular population very much dislike the claims of the Othordox and Haredim; many even despise them and the problems they cause, but (very begrudgingly) feel obligated to go along with them because they are fellow Jews. But even this relationship is breaking down now.

This is much the same with the Palestinians too, but people often make the same mistake of assuming they are all religious fundamentalists. And unfortunately, in the international media, he who screams loudest will be heard the most.
    If it is just a political position then expect opposition. Ahmadinejad is just the dissenting voice. It's to be expected. He's not "evil", just "political".

Talk is cheap. I've been hearing the same stuff for the last 15 years...

In this case, though, cheap is good. No one wants anything more than what he's doing...empty posturing. He's on his way out, right? He failed. lol. Who cares? Let him make his little speeches. He'll fall into obscurity. Israel, I'd say, should be more concerned about the future.