User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did Obamacare Slow the Recovery?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 26.67%
  • It's likely (>50% chance)

2 13.33%
  • It's unlikely (<50% chance)

2 13.33%
  • No

7 46.67%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Deal with the argument in the op, troll.

You have 7 posts in here, yet haven't dealt with it once.
    PPACA necessitates increased spending by employers

This stimulates the economy

Not only does this increase in spending stimulate the economy, but it also drastically increases productivity across the nation. Which part of this do you not understand?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    we are going to start seeing people like myself going into health care field, and stimulate the economy with their purchases, this in turn will create more jobs. right now im getting a sauna installed in my house that i bought.

what obamacare done, is created jobs.
    When this is the kind of nonsense that passes for economic analysis, it's understandable why this country is in the place it's in.

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    http://eclectablog.com/2012/09/mitt-...e-victims.html

People on welfare didn’t cost us 15 million jobs and trillions in savings. People on Wall Street did.

That means, the slow recovery is on Wall Street's part.
    Once again, nothing more than populist tripe from someone who doesn't know shit about economics.

And congratulations, this one didn't even relate to the op.

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    Which part of this do you not understand?
    What I understand are all the parts that make it untrue.

And you still haven't dealt with the argument in the op, troll.

Of course, it's becoming more-and-more clear that you haven't because you don't actually know anything about economics.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    we are going to start seeing people like myself going into health care field, and stimulate the economy with their purchases, this in turn will create more jobs. right now im getting a sauna installed in my house that i bought.

what obamacare done, is created jobs and its going to get better.
    Precisely. People like ourselves who are delving into the health care field now have a massively increased consumer base. The manpower needs of any of the various companies mandated to provide insurance will not change, but the productivity from these employees will increase as health indicators improve.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Ask anyone considering growing their business beyond 50 employees what effect the passage of the ACA had.

MBTI
    INTP

And you still haven't dealt with the argument in the op, troll.

Of course, it's becoming more-and-more clear that you haven't because you don't know shit about economics.
    No. This is incorrect. It is blatantly obvious that I am far more knowledgeable in this field than you are. It is not my duty to hold your hand through these matters, though I will admit that I have tried and failed. I cannot help you, Zarathustra, but you may be able to help yourself. You need to sit down and deconstruct your argument, because what you've thrown together is drivel. You are stuck, and I have done all that I can to help you.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

No. This is incorrect. It is blatantly obvious that I am far more knowledgeable in this field than you are. It is not my duty to hold your hand through these matters, though I will admit that I have tried and failed. I cannot help you, Zarathustra, but you may be able to help yourself. You need to sit down and deconstruct your argument, because what you've thrown together is drivel. You are stuck, and I have done all that I can to help you.
    And you are nothing more than a troll, with no understanding of basic economics whatsoever.

Go learn the fundamental concepts of microeconomics in those books I linked for you, and then maybe you'll understand the argument in the OP.

Once again, nothing more than populist tripe from someone who doesn't know shit about economics.

And congratulations, this one didn't even relate to the op.
    That is because economics =/= politics. What you see as something that would be economically savvy without, I see as politically stupid without.

Keep pouncing your negative liberty, I don't mind.

EDIT in addition: There is no policy without causation. By noting that Obamacare slowed the economy, you inherently stated the less obvious somewhere else related to Obamacare. Which is that you deem the economic effects outweigh the social effects.

MBTI
    INTP

And you are nothing more than a troll, with no understanding of basic economics whatsoever.

Go read those books I linked for you, and then maybe you'll understand the argument in the OP.
    My understanding of economics is no longer under discussion. That much should be obvious.

I am far, far more interested in hearing your interpretation of basic economics. Because, from what I gather, you seem to believe that a nation full of sick workers is more productive than a nation full of healthy workers.

I am dying to hear your economic theory on this phenomenon. We can call it "Zarathustra's Theorem"

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

That is because economics =/= politics.
    Politics and economics are completely intertwined.

What you see as something that would be economically savvy without, I see as politically stupid without.
    Yes, reality never did matter as much to INFJs as INTJs.

My understanding of economics is no longer under discussion. That much should be obvious.
    No, it is.

Because your lack of any fundamental understanding of economics is why you can't deal with, let alone understand, the argument in the OP.

I am far, far more interested in hearing your interpretation of basic economics. Because, from what I gather, you seem to believe that a nation full of sick workers is more productive than a nation full of healthy workers.

I am dying to hear your economic theory on this phenomenon. We can call it "Zarathustra's Theorem"
    That that's how you need to try and interpret my position in order to think yours supersedes it, shows just how weak your argument really is.

MBTI
    INTP

No, it is.

Because your lack of any fundamental training in economics is why you can't deal with, let alone understand, the argument in the OP.
    Well now you're just being silly. I do understand economics. You, on the other hand, do not.

What gives you the impression that I do not understand economics? Because I don't parrot a response that confirms your position, you with your misconceptions and nonsense statements?

You have like a natural reflex, I think. Whenever you see hard evidence that your argument does not hold up, you dismiss the evidence and call everyone else in the world a troll. I wouldn't know how to fix this.