User Tag List

View Poll Results: Did Obamacare Slow the Recovery?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

4 26.67%
  • It's likely (>50% chance)

2 13.33%
  • It's unlikely (<50% chance)

2 13.33%
  • No

7 46.67%
First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Considering our current health system is not so inept, and any potential future system will not have proven itself to be so much improved, and that 84% of the populace was already insured to begin with, and there is no credible evidence that sick days would actually go down under the new system, that, if there was to be any expected positive effect on productivity, it would not be anywhere enough to offset the expected cost of increases for most employers. If you think it would, you, once again, are just showing that you have no idea what you're talking about.
    You're clearly uneducated on the matter. People with health insurance are healthier. You can try to dispute this if you really want to, but I would not recommend it. The cost of providing health coverage is irrelevant, because health coverage is something that every single person in the country benefits from. Nobody on earth would be worse off with health coverage. There is no society on earth that would benefit from having more sick people.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    You're clearly uneducated on the matter. People with health insurance are healthier. You can try to dispute this if you really want to, but I would not recommend it. The cost of providing health coverage is irrelevant, because health coverage is something that every single person in the country benefits from. Nobody on earth would be worse off with health coverage. There is no society on earth that would benefit from having more sick people.
    You don't understand shit about economics.

Which is why your argument is nothing more than these idiotic platitudes, and you didn't deal with the original argument in the first place.

MBTI
    INTP

You don't understand shit about economics.

Which is why your argument is nothing more than these idiotic platitudes, and you didn't deal with the original argument in the first place.
    How is it good for the economy to have 50 million people with no access to health care? Can you name even one benefit to this? Is health care as a commodity beneficial in any way?

It isn't. You have no argument.

What we see with Obamacare is a greater number of individuals with access to health care, a higher demand in the health care industry for services, equipment, and personnel, and a corresponding jump in the economic performance of the entire nation. Remember, health care is about 18% of the GDP, and it is increasing every day.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Still haven't dealt with the original argument.

Go learn some basic economics first, and then come back with a real argument:
    http://www.amazon.com/Economics-One-...+in+one+lesson
    http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Economic.../dp/0465002609

MBTI
    INTP

Still haven't dealt with the original argument.

Go learn some basic economics first, and then come back with a real argument:
    http://www.amazon.com/Economics-One-...+in+one+lesson
    http://www.amazon.com/Basic-Economic.../dp/0465002609
    I think you are the one that does not understand economics. You have yet to put forth any kind of argument. You're good at making hyperlinks, I'll give you that. You just seem completely incapable of making your own point, which leads me to believe that you know nothing on these matters. I won't even applaud your efforts, I know you can do better than this.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Beargryllz View Post
    [all i am is a troll]
    Then clearly your understanding of basic economics is so poor, you were incapable of understanding the op.

MBTI
    INTP

Then clearly your understanding of basic economics is so poor, you were incapable of understanding the op.
    Your argument is that the economy is slowed by Obamacare

I have proven, beyond what I consider a reasonable measure, that this is utterly false. Your understanding of economics and health care in general is terrible. You just do not understand how an economy works. I think that you have the potential to grasp the issue, but you really need to take a look at what you are saying. You have got to acknowledge your shortcomings if you want to make any significant knowledge gains. You have this fundamentally flawed approach when you look at the issue, and this is hampering you.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Deal with the argument in the op, troll.

You have 7 posts in here, yet haven't dealt with it once.

http://eclectablog.com/2012/09/mitt-...e-victims.html

People on welfare didn’t cost us 15 million jobs and trillions in savings. People on Wall Street did.

That means, the slow recovery is on Wall Street's part.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Considering our current health system is not so inept, and any potential future system will not have proven itself to be so much improved, and that 84% of the populace was already insured to begin with, and there is no credible evidence that sick days would actually go down under the new system, that, if there was to be any expected positive effect on productivity, it would not be anywhere enough to offset the expected cost of increases for most employers. If you think it would, you, once again, are just showing that you have no idea what you're talking about.
    we are going to start seeing people like myself going into health care field, and stimulate the economy with their purchases, this in turn will create more jobs. right now im getting a sauna installed in my house that i bought.

what obamacare done, is created jobs and its going to get better.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee