User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

@fia that was a perfect Social Justice rage out =)

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    I do not believe my response was "pissing on you." Your personal cognitive preferences don't change whether or not the assessment seemed overly simplistic, which it was. Thank you for elaborating.
    Since I felt like you made no effort to actually understand my post (since it actually had some content) and immediately called it "bullshit" without contributing anything to the actual discussion itself (like, "well, here's how I view Fe") -- well, yes, I consider that a "pissing on me" response. I mean, you STILL haven't contributed anything to that discussion -- just "oh, that's bullshit" and then "Oh, well it's your fault for not explaining in more detail, but thank you." Wow. Thanks.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I may have missed a post explaining this but it's still about the money. They are stopping support because chic fil-a will lose contracts in college campuses if they don't.
    ~luck favors the ready~

Shameless Self-Promotion:MDP2525's Den and the Start of Motorcycle Maintenance

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think it gives Fe a bad name.

When I went there in the past (only a few times), I almost felt ill at the "politeness" to be honest. It felt manufactured, forced, and unreal to me -- like the time I've ever listened to Christian radio, seen PTL on TV, or the time I actually visited Focus on the Family HQ out in Colorado (hey, I *had* to do it, just as a novelty ). The "politeness" factor just seemed very unreal to me, like either it was extremely fake in presentation OR for it to be authentic the participants had to be "stepford-wived" in a sense. It reminded me of the sanctimonious aura surrounding some of the Bible studies I attended over my long immersion in evangelicalism, where no one could actually think outside the box or address their actual feelings, it was all about conformance to the "way you were supposed to feel and think if you were a good little person and followed all the rules." To me, faith includes "being honest" about where you're at and what feelings you have and what thoughts you have, even if it doesn't conform to the party line... you can't actually become a better person (or even be human) if you're just blocking out large parts of your actual self and/or inner experience. Honesty is necessary to grow.

I like real people. These people weren't trying to be hypocrites, they're actually trying to be 'good people' -- but in the process I felt like they were bleaching out their humanity ... I wasn't dealing with "real" people anymore, just remakes of an archetype.
    That is interesting. I was also referring to people specifically saying that when gathered to support it, that everyone was "polite" even though they were waiting for an hour for their sandwich. In the context of the issues it just falls flat.

Lol. I see what you did there.
    I initially wanted to lighten the mean-spirited responses with a joke.

Anyway, my advice is not to waste time on it. It's the standard modus operandi by said person on topics like this (which is too bad, because on other topics there can be a lot of insight provided by said person), and only gives me heartburn to persist in; I usually just call out the behavior once per thread, more so that everyone else is aware of it, then move on.... If someone just enters a thread to take a swing, then refuses to engage when someone calls them on it, they're not worth the time of any more response.
    It is pretty clear in any thread that the insult without any attempt at rebuttal is the equivalent of throwing in the towel and admitting defeat. It is just a surface attempt at saving face for people with egos. The bigger the insult the bigger the ego, but the same statement is made in terms of not being capable of giving a convincing argument to the contrary.

I am also leaving this thread quite amazed at the level of coldness in reaction to serious issues of human rights violation, and I don't just mean Chick-Fil-A, but other topics mentioned as well. I say these things to challenge people to make a case for whatever position they hold and not copout with laziness, arrogance, and mean-spirited statements. Jokes about tiny violins and shit are also mindless and meaningless. I can only hope that the attitudes are done without thinking and are just for the purpose of protecting big egos in a social setting, because if the responses represent actual attitudes, then certain individuals have crossed the line into being actually cruel.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    ISTx

Love chick fil a, anti-gay or not.

Since I felt like you made no effort to actually understand my post (since it actually had some content) and immediately called it "bullshit" without contributing anything to the actual discussion itself (like, "well, here's how I view Fe") -- well, yes, I consider that a "pissing on me" response. I mean, you STILL haven't contributed anything to that discussion -- just "oh, that's bullshit" and then "Oh, well it's your fault for not explaining in more detail, but thank you." Wow. Thanks.
    I thanked you for proceeding to explain in more detail after I called bullshit because I believed that in this instance, as in others I've encountered on this forum, where a dubious human characteristic enacted en masse is casually attributed to a cognitive function; I thought it was inaccurate and a weakly summary precedent for the environment you outlined. My gratitude wasn't facetious. I also maintain that disagreeing with you is not synonymous with pissing on you.

As for not contributing further, I only contribute what I have to add like everyone else. Your remark moved me to enter the discussion. Considering that many aspects of this topic have been covered elsewhere on the forum as mentioned by the op, I didn't feel moved to address anything else. It's that simple.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke