User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Default Romney vs. Obama; Te(Fi) vs. Ti(Fe)

It appears to me that Romney's Te comes with plenty of semiconscious, selfish Fi.

And Obama's Ti comes with an almost crippling, semiconscious desire for unity (Fe).

Which do you think the public feels more comfortable with?

Bearing in mind that SJs are probably the majority of voters

Even if we posit everything you say here, SJs can be both Te(Fi)--STJs, and Fe(Ti)--SFJs, so I am not sure how that comment is relevant.

I am not sure what Obama's type is, nor Romney's. But, I refuse to base voting decisions on function precedence.

Pretty much every election is won by the candidate that brings the more hopeful message to the voters. Type, especially, our armchair pop-psychology version of it, has little to do with the outcome.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Ehh...

You're (obviously) right about the SJ thing, @ygolo...

But I can't quite agree with you on the rest of the message...

Obama is an ENTP, and the "hope" you speak of is largely him massaging the crowd with Fe.

Romney is an ISTJ, and a large part of the reason he doesn't connect with the crowd nearly as well is that he's Tert Fi.

With Fe in the 7th/trickster position, he's just not nearly as adept at connecting with people emotionally.

Hillary Clinton (ITJ) has the same problem, which is why she lost to Obama in 2008.

More broadly, TJs are probably the only group that bend libertarian/conservative.

FJs are probably close to 50/50 on the right/left split.

TPs lean strongly liberal; FPs lean strongly liberal.

I suppose Obama as ENTP (though, frankly, I can see him even as an INFJ who just picked up the oratory from ENP preachers in his past) and Romney as ISTJ are reasonable (why not ESTJ?).

I realize this is old, but I remember actually participating in some online version of this:
    http://www.politicaltypes.com/content/view/24/56/

TPs (especially INTPs) seemed to prefer to be "independent". The remaining seemed to lean slightly republican.
    There wasn't much difference between FPs and FJ (in fact, INFJs had a clear preference to be a Democrat).

I don't know about hope being solely Obama's thing. It was last election, but who provides the more hopeful message this time is to be determined.

Think about it:
    Clinton v. Bush Sr.
    Clinton v. Dole
    Bush v. Gore
    Bush v. Kerry
    Obama v. McCain

In every single case, the candidate that made the electorate believe they would bring a better future than his opponent won. Frankly, it almost seems like a tautology.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Quote Originally Posted by Istbkleta View Post
    It appears to me that Romney's Te comes with plenty of semiconscious, selfish Fi.

And Obama's Ti comes with an almost crippling, semiconscious desire for unity (Fe).

Which do you think the public feels more comfortable with?

Bearing in mind that SJs are probably the majority of voters
    Ahh, but Istbkleta Romney is also an ENTP. I suspect you are seeing a mask in play and he is regurgitating what he thinks folks want to hear.

The public is ridiculous and allows themselves to be led into stupidity.

The democrats endorse a culture of overwhelming Fe in spite of the obvious financial consequences, while the republicans endorse a culture of Te accountability and expectations, with childlike Fi, in spite of its acceptance of the imaginary over fact.

"You should take care of others NO MATTER WHAT IT COSTS" vs "I can believe WHAT I want even if ridiculous and stupid"

(It does beg the question of where Ti is...somewhere in the democrat pool o' love for my brother, power is being brokered-just silently. I do admit I'd rather see the power hungry out in the open and my Fi does flinch at the superficial offering of affection, when underneath, powerplays are being made)

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    "You should take care of others NO MATTER WHAT IT COSTS" vs "I can believe WHAT I want even if ridiculous and stupid"
    Which corresponds to which party? I don't really see either of those in either party.

Quote Originally Posted by Orobas View Post
    Which corresponds to which party? I don't really see either of those in either party.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    It would be more clear to say that the leftist mindset is that the governent should take care of people as much as possible. As far as believing whatever you want, that is not a unique characteristic of the members of any one poitical party.

Here's a suggestion: http://www.amazon.com/Conflict-Visio...8207773&sr=1-2
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

What's interesting also is that Romney and Obama have almost the same enneatype. Romney being a 3w2 So/Sp and Obama being a 3w4 So/Sp. So it's also a 3w2/3w4 opposition.
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    More broadly, TJs are probably the only group that bend libertarian/conservative.
    That may explain in part why I'm confused as an INTJ sometimes.

FJs are probably close to 50/50 on the right/left split.

TPs lean strongly liberal; FPs lean strongly liberal.
    Personally, the trends that I observe are:

SF: Left-Wing
    ST: Right-Wing
    NF: Totalitarian
    NT: Libertarian
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan