User Tag List

First 2345 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by zelo1954 View Post
    Indeed. It is my "civic duty" to make known my absolute abhorrence for such a barbaric practice.
    Agreed. It's my civic duty to not watch it.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

I think it should be more about reforming than punishment, and if reform is unlikely, keeping the rest of society safe from the individual in question. People like Ted Bundy will not be reformed, and the rest of society should not have to deal with their presence or foot the bill for their luxury. As I've said many times before, either exile them or give them a bullet to the skull. None of the appeals and mistrials bullshit.
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    I think it should be more about reforming than punishment, and if reform is unlikely, keeping the rest of society safe from the individual in question. People like Ted Bundy will not be reformed, and the rest of society should not have to deal with their presence or foot the bill for their luxury. As I've said many times before, either exile them or give them a bullet to the skull. None of the appeals and mistrials bullshit.
    You make so much sense, for an ESFJ.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I don't find the idea of executing criminals that commit particularly heinous crimes unacceptable. I do find the idea of executing innocent people who had to rely on overworked and underpaid public defenders and/or were victims of shoddy or dishonest police investigators repugnant. If someone is wrongly convicted and sentenced to life in prison and evidence is produced to prove their innocence, we can release them. Unfortunately you can't undo an execution.

I don't think forcing people to watch executions would have the desired effect. Hangings used to be entertainment for the whole family, after all. People brought Granny, the kids, and a picnic lunch.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

WALMART

two words:

ted bundy.

Kill em all and let God sort em out, lol.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I believe it should be within the power of the next of kin to recommend mercy and life imprisonment, meaning life in prison without release, instead of execution.
    It is in some cases. Prosecutors will take victims and families of victims wishes into account when seeking the death penalty. Other times it's clear, depending on the state and/or level of charges. Sometimes in federal cases it doesn't matter. That said, I can't back the death penalty and don't see any benefit from viewing an execution.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ceecee View Post
    It is in some cases. Prosecutors will take victims and families of victims wishes into account when seeking the death penalty. Other times it's clear, depending on the state and/or level of charges. Sometimes in federal cases it doesn't matter. That said, I can't back the death penalty and don't see any benefit from viewing an execution.
    I think it depends, like I've said I believe in revenge rather than state execution but if I was the kin of a victim of someone like Brevik or that other guy who killed two young female police officers with a gun and grenades before handing himself in recently in the UK I would want execution and I would watch it, I'd like to be part of the firing squad.

Those individuals are without a shadow of a doubt guilty and they both handed themselves into the authorities because they knew that their punishment would not be something bad enough to deter them from arrest and prosecution, they also knew that it could provide them with protection from retaliation or enemies, that in all likelihood they could expect to be treated better than they had treated anyone, least of all their victims. In Brevik's case it was also an effort to mock liberal criminal justice and democracy in the process.

I'd keep shooting those sorts of people long after it was clear to me they couldnt possibly be alive anymore.

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Socionics
    LII

Another example supporting the death penalty:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oBX0a...feature=relmfu
    “'Fuck', I think. What a beautiful word. If I could say only one thing for the rest of my life, that would be it.”

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

i think they should vote whether death penalty should be done or not. and those people who vote yes, should have a civic duty to execute a person(who they need to chat with before the execution) and if they chicken out, their vote would be changed to 'no for death penalty'.
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    At least in America, enacting the death penalty costs way more than life imprisonment. In any case, I don't think cost should be the top priority when it comes to taking a human life.
    Your comment is to the point, as always.
    What is the cause of the cost? It is not enacting the penalty.