User Tag List

First 678910 Last

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Murder desire in hearts? Bored? Excuse to rampage? That's the best explanation that you can conclude?
    You really have no idea what exactly is going on in the world, do you?

What if you experience these things:
    (1) being shut down for decades after being colonized for centuries,
    (2) unable to voice your opinion in any form,
    (3) being ruled by a dictator that was installed by the outside force in order to maintain said force's power in the region,
    (4) limited access to education, health, politic, business, art, and even romance.
    (5) being forced to watch that your country, once again, is being controlled by the outside force no matter how much you've tried to defend your nation while suffering much from losing your family and relatives because they were killed.
    (6) violence, war, injustice, poverty, hunger, illness, destroyed public properties, death, uncaring government.

And the only reassurance that you can get, that ensure you that someday justice will be enforced and those painful times will be over, is through religion. Yet someone out there deliberately, in the name of 'freedom of expression', made a movie that mocking, insulting, and slandering the only channel of hope that's left for you, that has help you to keep your sanity while bearing all of your burden, anger, sadness, and frustration all these years.

If you are that person, living in that kind of situation, how will you react?
    from wickedqueen off of personality cafe.

http://personalitycafe.com/current-e...d-yemen-5.html
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Violent Islamists on the streets of Sydney, Australia, have been calling for the death of Americans and the beheading of those who criticise Islam.

They tried to storm the American Consulate in Sydney to get at the American Consul in the same way they got at the American Ambassador to Libya, but the New South Wales police held them off.

The Janus Face of Jihad

The Koran teaches us that Jihad has two faces. One is when muslims outnumber non-muslims, and the other is when non-muslims outnumber muslims.

And the Islamists use these two faces of Jihad effectively.

First we see the violent face of Jihad when muslims predominate, but when non-muslims criticise Jihad, we are told the real Jihad is the peaceful struggle against selfish desires.

And we are so shocked by violent Jihad we want to believe Islam is a peaceful religion. So that is precisely what Islamic propaganda tells us - Jihad doesn't mean violence it means an inner struggle against selfishness.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    The Koran teaches us that Jihad has two faces. One is when muslims outnumber non-muslims, and the other is when non-muslims outnumber muslims.

And the Islamists use these two faces of Jihad effectively.

First we see the violent face of Jihad when muslims predominate, but when non-muslims criticise Jihad, we are told the real Jihad is the peaceful struggle against selfish desires.

And we are so shocked by violent Jihad we want to believe Islam is a peaceful religion. So that is precisely what Islamic propaganda tells us - Jihad doesn't mean violence it means an inner struggle against selfishness.
    i cant believe people buy that bullshit about it being a peaceful religion. the thing i posted from wicked was just to bring some understanding of where might some people would be coming from.

i still can t sympathize exchange of words for taking life.
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Ginkgo

I'm disappointed by the sidestepping of recognizing individual responsibility in favor of saying "religion did it".

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    I'm disappointed by the sidestepping of recognizing individual responsibility in favor of saying "religion did it".
    there is too much to touch on
    -Bruce Lee

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    there is too much to touch on
    Lazy.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    from wickedqueen off of personality cafe.

http://personalitycafe.com/current-e...d-yemen-5.html
    Yeah but WickedQueen always comes in saying something similar whenever anything muslim related happens.

She is a muslim herself and spends her time justifying such things, I know this is a fallacy, because im attacking her character, but ive seen her do this so often on Perc when such an incident happens.

The point is she could be quite right on the reasons for this outcome, the tensions, the socio-eco-political opressions, but the point is: Does that still justify it?

The whole "how will you react?" has been used many times in the past, by people living in difficult times using such times as an excuse for their actions.
    I understand that my position is one of comfort, wealth and ease, so I dont wish to pretend anything when it comes to my own situation. But I know of people within my own country, (in fact even my own area), who live in complete poverty and there are those who use that as an excuse and those who simply get on with things just the same.

How would I act in those same circumstances? I dont know, but ive realised you cannot spend life being worried and strong-armed into accepting violence and murder from people, just because their circumstances are shitty.

It's understandable, but not justifiable. Maybe I might change my tune in those circumstances, but right now they are not mine.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    748 sx/so

i don't understand why they say that enfp's and intj's are so compatible, because everytime i read an intj's post i want to grab them by the head and use them as a golfclub.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post
    Omg. It's all so clear now.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Violent Islamists on the streets of Sydney, Australia, have been calling for the death of Americans and the beheading of those who criticise Islam.

They tried to storm the American Consulate in Sydney to get at the American Consul in the same way they got at the American Ambassador to Libya, but the New South Wales police held them off.
    OMG, I saw it on the news. I couldn't believe it was Sydney. It was so violent and angry
    INFP 4w5 so/sp

I've dreamt in my life dreams that have stayed with me ever after, and changed my ideas;
    they've gone through and through me, like wine through water, and altered the colour of my mind.

- Emily Bronte