User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    its their land. they have their own rules, however their rules on governing speech ends at their territories. i believe ambassadors make a conscious choice of giving up their own safety when living on foreign soil. its something that comes with the territory, like journalist who report close to fighting. its their sacrifice for peace.
    Don't even know where to begin with this...

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Don't even know where to begin with this...
    what?!
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by lowtech redneck View Post
    I've been on my soapbox about this issue (this is simply the latest manifestation) many times on the forum (sometimes while using less than constructive language), and I figured many members would have simply passed over it as a consequence....I was waiting for someone else to do it.

My position is, of course, the same as all the other times: stand up for free speech without equivocation, and do not be afraid to do so on account of political correctness or intimidation (either by Islamists or by the Western PC brigade).
    You shoulda seen the discussion I had on an Egyptian-American (?) (I don't believe he was born here...) Muslim guy-I've-known-for-over-20-year's (never really friends, per se, but lived in the same area, played sports against each other, had some mutual friends) facebook wall yesterday. I managed to actually keep it civil (I know, surprise surprise), no ad hominems or anything. He, on the other hand, did not. I think it made him look like a fool in the end, though.

As for your point: I couldn't agree any more. The alliance of the Western PC brigade with Islamists is absolutely pathetic, and we in the West who aren't infected with either disease, and who are intelligent enough to respond forcefully, but gracefully, need to have enough backbone to stand up against it publicly and call it exactly what it is.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    You shoulda seen the discussion I had on an Egyptian-American (?) (I don't believe he was born here...) Muslim guy-I've-known-for-over-20-year's (never really friends, per se, but lived in the same area, played sports against each other, had some mutual friends) facebook wall yesterday. I managed to actually keep it civil (I know, surprise surprise), no ad hominems or anything. He, on the other hand, did not. I think it made him look like a fool in the end, though.

As for your point: I couldn't agree any more. The alliance of the Western PC brigade with Islamists is absolutely pathetic, and we in the West who aren't infected with either disease, and who are intelligent enough to respond forcefully, but gracefully, need to have enough backbone to stand up against it publicly and call it exactly what it is.
    how do you suggest they do that? make a statue of Mohammad and insult it?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Whether people want to admit it or not, we're in the middle of a cultural war. But it's not a war between Christianity and Islam, it's between reason and superstition. Islam is beyond saving. We don't have 1000 years for them to figure things out for themselves.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

You repeatedly make the most childish, ignorant statements about politics.

That is why Discobiscuit said what he said above. And many of us feel that way.

Grow up, if you want to take a seat at the adult's table. Otherwise, stop trolling.

As the Islamists were murdering the US Ambassador in Libya, we were warned at the highest level that home grown Islamists were preparing and planning to murder large numbers of Australians in the name of Allah. So thirteen homes were raided by the anti-terrorism squad and evidence collected and arrests made.

Home grown Islamic terrorists are interesting. They have been given every opportunity and protection in Australia yet in court they show they have no respect for Australian law, they only respect Sharia law. And they regard it their religious duty to carry out jihad in Australia.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

what?!
    US embassies are considered sovereign soil, for one thing.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    US embassies are considered sovereign soil, for one thing.

I possessed similar sentiment as gasoline, regarding that statement, though I suppose expressing and feeling are two different things.

I was more focused on the sacrifice part of it than the freedom of speech side.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

The Islamic world is in the middle of their dark ages. Unfortunately, this is occurring in the modern age, which allows transmission of irrational ideas and superstition to go worldwide (not to mention the travel of fanatical killers and weapons). The Christian dark ages were limited in scope, unless some bloodthirsty Pope started another Crusade.

Usually when these violent protests happen, however, it seems most of those injured or killed are other Muslims. This one is different with such a "high value" foreigner killed, and it may actually turn out to be an al-Qaeda operation that just got cover from the protests.