User Tag List

View Poll Results: Obama, Romney, or Other?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

41 69.49%
  • Romney

12 20.34%
  • Other

6 10.17%
First 456

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Actually, I do agree that drunken people shouldn't be allowed access to weapons... at least while drunk, but that's not really what I'm talking about. It's more like the states that have the brilliant laws that you aren't allowed to carry a knife, even though they have no way of banning them altogether. Do they really think that someone determined to use a weapon is going to listen to your fucking stupid misdemeanor law when they are intending on commiting felony assault or murder? The only people who are going to follow your law are the people who want to use the knife defensively or as a tool... I.E. me...

Some laws are just stupid and freedom restricting, in my opinion. And democrats are notorious for enacting such laws, which is why I won't vote for them. I'm not saying Republicans are immune, but they do such things far less often.
    Eh, I have a friend that went through a metal detector with brass knuckles in DC and the cop just gave em back to him. I don't think cops really care that much about carrying a knife. (Though I could be wrong. I live in South Carolina.)
    Dirt Farmer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    Eh, I have a friend that went through a metal detector with brass knuckles in DC and the cop just gave em back to him. I don't think cops really care that much about carrying a knife. (Though I could be wrong. I live in South Carolina.)
    My state's pretty good about it (Indiana). I was referring to states like Wisconsin.

Wisconsin - 941.23 Carrying concealed weapon.
    Any person except a peace officer who goes armed with a
    concealed and dangerous weapon is guilty of a Class A
    misdemeanor.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    My state's pretty good about it (Indiana). I was referring to states like Wisconsin.
    Yeah, that is weird. Wonder if they hit people with that or if its just on the books. It might just be something they do if you get picked up for something else? Can you still get permits for them there?
    Dirt Farmer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    Yeah, that is weird. Wonder if they hit people with that or if its just on the books. It might just be something they do if you get picked up for something else? Can you still get permits for them there?
    I'm not sure. I sure hope so. Laws like that make me wonder how the boy scouts function without the precious pocket knife (The more useful ones, at least).

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    471 sx/sp

I'll probably vote for Romney... I voted for Obama in 2008 and was disappointed, so I want to try something else.

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

"I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee