User Tag List

View Poll Results: Obama, Romney, or Other?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • Obama

41 69.49%
  • Romney

12 20.34%
  • Other

6 10.17%
First 3456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Nothing complicated. I don't vote Republican, I vote not-Democrat. I have a fundamental disagreement with the Democratic party, so it's unlikely that I'll ever vote for them.
    The Democratic Party has something it fundamentally stands for?

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

Quote Originally Posted by kelric View Post
    Can I vote for Bernie Sanders?

No? Obama it is, then.
    It seems that Bernie Sanders is the only well-known American politician worth a damn these days. Unfortunately he has expressed zero interest in a presidential run, and most Americans would never vote for him anyway.
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

Nothing complicated. I don't vote Republican, I vote not-Democrat. I have a fundamental disagreement with the Democratic party, so it's unlikely that I'll ever vote for them.
    Why is that?
    Dirt Farmer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by TheStarchDefenders View Post
    Why is that?
    I don't believe in big government. (That's a very general way of saying it, but I think it'll suffice.)

I don't believe in big government. (That's a very general way of saying it, but I think it'll suffice.)
    Why is big government inherently bad?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Why is big government inherently bad?
    I don't know if I would call it inherently bad, but I just think that the government has been overstepping its boundaries. There are certain things that I don't think the government should have any say in, and in general, democrats are the ones who keep stepping over that boundary.

[QUOTE=Tyrinth;1958509 There are certain things that I don't think the government should have any say in, and in general, democrats are the ones who keep stepping over that boundary.[/QUOTE]

Like what?
    Dirt Farmer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Like what?
    (You deleted a bracket.)

In general, anything that you can do without directly hurting anyone else. In other words, I believe you should be free to do whatever you want to do as long as what you're doing doesn't impede the freedom of another.

Attempts to outlaw firearms piss me off. Restrictions on where I can carry my knife irritate me. The recent New York soda ban simply infuriates me. I don't think the government has the right to force you to buy healthcare... Etc.

(You deleted a bracket.)

In general, anything that you can do without directly hurting anyone else. In other words, I believe you should be free to do whatever you want to do as long as what you're doing doesn't impede the freedom of another.

Attempts to outlaw firearms piss me off. Restrictions on where I can carry my knife irritate me. The recent New York soda ban simply infuriates me. I don't think the government has the right to force you to buy healthcare... Etc.
    The NY soda ban is just dumb imo. If you wanna drink it that is you. Weapons in certain places..eh. Wonder what would happen with shotguns at drunken sporting events. Me having to buy heathcare? That blows. I'm 21, no insurance, and because of that my taxes are going up. Great.
    Dirt Farmer

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Weapons in certain places..eh. Wonder what would happen with shotguns at drunken sporting events.
    Actually, I do agree that drunken people shouldn't be allowed access to weapons... at least while drunk, but that's not really what I'm talking about. It's more like the states that have the brilliant laws that you aren't allowed to carry a knife, even though they have no way of banning them altogether. Do they really think that someone determined to use a weapon is going to listen to your fucking stupid misdemeanor law when they are intending on commiting felony assault or murder? The only people who are going to follow your law are the people who want to use the knife defensively or as a tool... I.E. me...

Some laws are just stupid and freedom restricting, in my opinion. And democrats are notorious for enacting such laws, which is why I won't vote for them. I'm not saying Republicans are immune, but they do such things far less often.