User Tag List

Default Big Apple Pizza Gets Negative Yelp Reviews After Owner Bear-Hugs Obama

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...elections-2012
    http://www.theatlanticwire.com/polit...serably/56713/

The title explains it all. This incident has been looked at. The owner is a Republican

Quite honestly, I saw the video of him giving that hug to Obama

And, well, Yelp has been flooded with upvotes by people that found out the place was being downvoted strictly for the fact that he hugged the president. If his business ever comes here, I'll be sure to be getting some pizza from his business.

All the negative votes: http://www.yelp.com/biz/big-apple-pi..._by=rating_asc
    If you want to upvote his business: The Yelp Page

MBTI
    INFJ

My goodness people are stupid.

I see nothing wrong with giving the man a hug even if you don't agree with him. It's a human thing. It isn't like the two are mortal enemies or something stupid like that.

Geez.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I think he likes Obama. He voted for him before and intends to vote for him again. He said he just got excited that Obama came to his place.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

He's getting Cristed too?
    4w5, Fi>Ne>Ti>Si>Ni>Fe>Te>Se, sp > so > sx

appreciates being appreciated, conflicted over conflicts, afraid of being afraid, bad at being bad, predictably unpredictable, consistently inconsistent, remarkably unremarkable...

I may not agree with what you are feeling, but I will defend to death your right to have a good cry over it

The whole problem with the world is that fools & fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts. ~ Bertrand Russell

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    My goodness people are stupid.

I see nothing wrong with giving the man a hug even if you don't agree with him. It's a human thing. It isn't like the two are mortal enemies or something stupid like that.

Geez.
    Reminds me of the whole response to the chicken sandwich place which isnt in favour of same sex relationships being categorised as marriage.

There's nothing like that in the UK that I can think of at all, the head of state isnt directly elected and perhaps thought to be less partisan some how as a result but I could not imagine the same reactions to the prime minister who is partisan visiting a restaurant or anything like that.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Reminds me of the whole response to the chicken sandwich place which isnt in favour of same sex relationships being categorised as marriage.

There's nothing like that in the UK that I can think of at all, the head of state isnt directly elected and perhaps thought to be less partisan some how as a result but I could not imagine the same reactions to the prime minister who is partisan visiting a restaurant or anything like that.
    There's a pretty big difference between this and Chick-fil-A.

This is not a normal reaction for this kind of thing. Most people are not actually all that partisan and would probably think it's cool just to meet the president. There's just a vocal minority of partisan fools like this.

Coercion because of who someone voted for - or because of who they hugged - does not work here. It is wrong and totally opposite of what this country stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    There's a pretty big difference between this and Chick-fil-A.

This is not a normal reaction for this kind of thing. Most people are not actually all that partisan and would probably think it's cool just to meet the president. There's just a vocal minority of partisan fools like this.

Coercion because of who someone voted for - or because of who they hugged - does not work here. It is wrong and totally opposite of what this country stands for.
    I think its the same as Chick-Fil-A both should be about food and instead they've been politicised.

I think people should be able to hold whatever opinions they like the restaurant trade if they're good as restauranters.

MBTI
    INFJ

I think its the same as Chick-Fil-A both should be about food and instead they've been politicised.

I think people should be able to hold whatever opinions they like the restaurant trade if they're good as restauranters.
    Chick-fil-A brought a lot of that on itself by being vocal about policy that has nothing to do with food.

People are mad at this other guy because he hugged the president. That's ridiculously stupid because it has nothing to do with food OR politics really.

I think its the same as Chick-Fil-A both should be about food and instead they've been politicized.

I think people should be able to hold whatever opinions they like the restaurant trade if they're good as restauranteurs.
    The two are slightly different.

In CFA's case, the people there started talking about supporting traditional marriage....etc. So in a way, CFA brought it into itself by talking about a political issue. People politicize CFA because it has politicize itself as a business by supporting groups that are controversial to begin with. It is sort of like Starbucks and having a "National Marriage Equality Day."

In this case, the owner of a small business was really excited about a(any) president coming to his business. (I'd think the secret service may have gotten so close to getting ready to doing something to the guy.) This has nothing to do with abortion, or gay marriage, [name an issue], except for a guy willing to hug a president (although he does support Obama) that has turned political because some people just fervently hate anything Obama. However, if you were to look deeper into the character of the owner of Big Apple Pizza, you'll find that he has funded blood drives and helped his own community.

That is the difference between CFA and BAP.