User Tag List

First 12345 Last

WALMART

Fellows, fellows, let's keep this civil.

To make this not spam, let's see what I can drum up.

http://www.ontheissues.org/House/Paul_Ryan.htm/

My source I will be citing off of...

He's pretty pro-cutting funding to family care centers, that'll save us some dollars.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    You couldn't understand Jennifer either. It seems this is a consistent problem for you.
    No, I understood Jennifer just fine.

Her sentence was coherent; her thinking just was flawed.

Any English teacher would look at your sentence as an utter fail.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    No, I understood Jennifer just fine.

Her sentence was coherent; her thinking just was flawed.

Any English teacher would look at your sentence as an utter fail.
    You could not understand how her point invalidated your argument is what I am saying.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    Well, frankly, I'm just not sure how it invalidates anything from what I posted.
    From your article:

This month, Romney said that his tax reform proposal is “very similar to the Simpson-Bowles plan.
    If Ryan disliked the S-B plan enough to vote against it, and Romney favors a similar plan, there will at least be some serious disharmony at the top of the ticket, if not outright contradiction and working at cross-purposes.

In any case, for a supposedly honest man, Ryan was caught in an unusual amount of lies at his convention speech. Even the conservatives like GW Bush advisor Matthew Dowd and FOX news were criticising and exposing him. Moreover, he appears to have voted for many/most of the GW Bush era spending increases, and at one time advocated having social security run by investment bankers. I'm not sure how bad an idea that is, but Ryan isn't trying to explain it, or even mention it much now. See Paul Ryan's Voting Record for one take on this supposed fiscal conservative. Ryan's biggest contribution to the campaign may be to challenge the Obama campaign to be forthcoming with their own math.

As for Simpson-Bowles, the Republicans in congress were refusing to accept any increases in revenue, so the sensible, balanced combination of cuts plus tax increases was doomed. Similarly, reducing overall health care expenditures rests on political non-starters like tort reform, accelerated licensing of generic meds, honest discussion of end-of-life care, and a single payer or co-op system that enables greater economies of scale. Until politicians can remember what compromise is, they will keep biting off their nose to spite their face, and little of use will get done.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    You could not understand how her point invalidated your argument is what I am saying.
    Seeing as how we settled things in vent, I'm somewhat reluctant to bring this up, but I just saw the above:

The point was, as I explained in my response to her, that it did not.

@Coriolis: I'll respond to your post tomorrow

FigerPuppet

Those Castro-twins are butt-ugly. I am putting down $300 on one of them running for president within 25 years. It's clear that the Democratic party has plans for them, and given that they are a minority...

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by SmileyMan View Post

Those Castro-twins are butt-ugly. I am putting down $300 on one of them running for president within 25 years. It's clear that the Democratic party has plans for them, and given that they are a minority...

Yes, lovely people they are. I enjoy lovely people.

On topic: Ryan publicly stated the stimulus created no new jobs, fact check seems to place the number of jobs created at 1.4-3.6 million jobs. Hm.

WALMART

Wants to 'cut entitlement spending'. For now, I will presume what entitlement spending means is that people like my single mother friend would no longer be receiving funds from the government simply for being a mother abandoned by the man who birthed her son and refuses to pay child support.

Just did a quick search, yes I was correct. Things along the lines of will fly out the window, I presume, under Romney-Ryan rule. Cool, save us some more dollars.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ryan
    Voted NO on allowing Courts to decide on "God" in Pledge of Allegiance. (Jul 2006)

I wonder, is this because he wanted to maintain God being included in all schools? Perhaps he wants to leave it up to the individual schools to decide, though I find that unlikely, as small-government as that would be. I've been doing a bit of research since posting this, I cannot seem to find any clarification. Does anyone have anything to help me understand this vote?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Ryan
    Make tax deduction permanent for conservation easements. (Mar 2009)

This one's cool. I figured I'd balance my social concern with an economic one, since my economic scope is severely lacking in terms of political stance.

Does anybody have a good site that (somewhat neutrally) compares the economic plans?