123 Last

Banned
    MBTI
    SEXY
    Enneagram
    hot
    Socionics
    body

Default So... Are you going to vote this year?

I'm a little apathetic about it.
    I don't want to vote for a Giant Douche nor do I want to vote for a Turd Sandwich. I've been legally able to vote for three elections. I voted once, simply because it was the first time I could vote. I wrote my own name in the ballet cause I figured I didn't like either candidate at all but I did like my own views much better.

Next election I wasn't interested in any of the issues and didn't care for either candidate either. So I didn't vote in 2008. In 2012 I probably wont vote either. Mainly cause I have no desire to go out of my way for something I'm rather indifferent to.

What do you feel on the subject?

WALMART

That I like your sig. What a well developed persona, for someone so new.

On topic, I genuinely like one of the candidates and will be voting for him this election. Last election I did not vote although it was my first time eligible to do so, my political conviction was not quite established at age eighteen as it is now.

(you know you're a nerd when you can't type election without trying to stick an 'r' after the 'c')

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

I have voted in every single election since November 2006, the only exception being one local special election a couple years ago.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Yes, I will vote this year.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Yes, I'm voting against one of the candidates this year.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Yes, I'm voting against one of the candidates this year.
    Very exclusionist...

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I'm going to vote. I normally don't vote against a candidate, but I am going to vote against Romney, which means I'll probably vote for Obama (who I didn't vote for in 2008). What a sad state this country is in.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Very exclusionist...
    I didn't want to say I'm voting for the other, because I don't necessarily strongly support everything the other candidate has done.

I don't really care about party affiliation in itself, although I have an opinion about the political platforms that each party has spelled out explicitly for themselves.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

garbage

I'm planning on voting for a candidate. But since my vote is like a billion layers abstracted away from actually choosing the president, and since my state is hardcore red anyway, I'm voting because because of the principle of the thing than because I think it's actually worth it. I'll probably make up a write-in candidate on the spot.

However, there are some pretty hilarious state ballot measures this time around that will make it worth my time to get my ass out there.
    LRCA Amendment 4 To remove references to segregation of schools in the state constitution.
    LRCA Amendment 6 Would prohibit mandatory participation in any health care system.
    LRCA Amendment 7 Would allow for the use of secret ballots in union votes.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I'm voting for Romney in protest. (Don't worry I live in California so it doesn't count.)
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.