User Tag List

First 34567 Last

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post

I get that a lot. Can you believe that some days I doubt the validity of my own username?

Lol, perhaps, I haven't observed your opinions over an extended basis =P

I don't disagree with your sentiment, btw.

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Lol, perhaps, I haven't observed your opinions over an extended basis =P
    Oh yeah, I've made quite a number of posts that warrented someone to agree that I'm a 'Savage Idealist'. Hm, methinks I should make a list of such occurences.

I don't disagree with your sentiment, btw.
    I know. On a possibly semi-related/unrelated note, I'm also an existential-nihilist.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Yes, and I am voting for Obama/Biden.

WALMART

Oh yeah, I've made quite a number of posts that warrented someone to agree that I'm a 'Savage Idealist'. Hm, methinks I should make a list of such occurences.

I know. On a possibly semi-related/unrelated note, I'm also an existential-nihilist.

Everything's related somehow, I'm sure. But cool, we should talk about it some time, seeing as how I've never read or talked about it beyond the wikipedia article.

And you should. I would be inclined to browse.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

It's not a direct kind of responsibility, more of an indirect one. True in that my vote does not become tacit support for their actions, yet my vote led them to that position where they could commit those actions.

This is all the more reason that I choose not to vote. There are very few politicians who possess the integrity to be good leaders, rather the lot of them lie an deceive the sheeple masses because it's the only way to achieve power.

But it becomes absurd to vote for either candidate if there's a strong chance that both are lying through their teeth. Yes perhaps voting for the lesser of two evils is optimal in some cases, but in my mind it will be voting for some sort of evil nonetheless.

Hell no. I might not like the government, but I certainly do not like the masses either. I would sooner have the government exercise more authoritarian political control as opposed to letting the countless idiots of this nation have their way in political matters. Populism and direct democracy will only lead to a hive mind of poor decisions and moronic policies as the average person lacks the intelligence, knowledge, and foresight necessary to know what is good for the nation. Either those peons need to be educated, or they need to stay out of the political process.
    Not to be rude, but I don't really feel like going to to detail why I dislike him (at least not now and in the context of this thread).

You mean to say that you agree with me?
    To the first thing...it's no prob bob

Yes! mostly with the above...I don't think one person should be the ruler in ever case though...so sorry I can't vote for you...i dont' even know you. lol but the thing is that my ideal gvn't is barely worth talking about because it's in la la land it would mean that people would actually start liking each other and working together and being accepting... also there are some people that want to be led...and other that don't....the govn't should accomodate to the peoples' liking...in the simplest sense. It's sad but a lot of people don't care and they don't take responsibility for themselves...once we all do that problems will go away lol. like I said la la land
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Do you believe that this is the right way/supporting justice, or are you saying that this is just the way it is?
    If politicians could really say what they believe and would do in office, and still get elected, they would.

To make it to the presidency one has to first conform to a party ideal to get their support. That's why you don't hear about Romneycare in Mass.

Everyone is forced to play the game to get there, but once there there is no reason to play the game anymore (unless reelection looms, which is why 2nd term presidents are always more legislatively ballsy than they would be otherwise).

The president becomes the defacto head of his party and as such can no longer be told what to believe or say because the party can't threaten to pull campaign support from them anymore.

Given this, I think the presidential tendency to do what they want is both right, and the way it is.

More importantly I think it's the way it has to be, right now at least. Until the parties lose their stranglehold on politicians, we wont have leaders willing to address what they believe as opposed to what the party tells them to say.

Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    If politicians could really say what they believe and would do in office, and still get elected, they would.

To make it to the presidency one has to first conform to a party ideal to get their support.

Everyone is forced to play the game to get there, but once there there is no reason to play the game anymore

The president becomes the defacto head of his party and as such can no longer be told what to believe or say because the party can't threaten to pull campaign support from them anymore.

Given this, I think the presidential tendency to do what they want is both right, and the way it is.
    I understand it's the way it has to be, but i def don't agree with it. Why should people play a game as you say ...which to me is just a straight up lie about what they're going to do.

I am very torn on the subject of voting because of this. Why are we just voting for a certain party...forget the party...what about the right thing to do...why would I elect a liar? It's like they say they stand for such and such but they don't actaully care at all. I just don't like the thought of that. I understand that they have to abide by certain things but I don't know why they even bother saying somethings if they're not going to do the upkeep. It's like empty promises.
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INFJ

Honest answer? No. I'm not going to.

I don't feel educated enough to make a good choice and I do not want to get in the way of the balance. I feel that would be dishonest and immoral.

If I don't vote then for this purpose it's like I don't exist, so I have no effect either way. And no, I'm not going to do a joke write in because I'm not symbolic like that.

What I don't understand is why people insist that I vote. I don't know how they can say that without secretly having it mean "vote and also make the right vote"

What if my vote cancels yours? What if I'm a complete idiot? You want me to vote so you can possibly blame me later if things somehow don't go your way? I don't think so.

If I don't vote, the status quo is still maintained. If I do vote, it's probably going to be a stupid and uninformed vote that we'd all be better off without.

So you can thank me for not helping screw it up for you.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    What I don't understand is why people insist that I vote.
    Because feeling righteous, to them, is better than sex and any reason will do. Even a totally nonsensical one.