Unapologetic being Evolving Transparency's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I'm an anarchist . . . well not 'anarchist' in that I think that we should be without government, but rather I disregard all forms of society, government, and external leadership with contempt, and while as an individual stand opposed to it, I merely keep a low profile and suffer under its domination so as to not endanger my safety or wellbeing. Now while some types of government are preferable to others in that those preferable types will come to benefit me, there is no perfect method of government that I will ever truly appreciate in relation to my own freedom. The same can be said for all of society and humanity at large.

Additionally, I choose not to vote for either candidate for more practical reasons; each ones holds some views that I agree with and others that I disagree with, so neither really preaches the ideals that I wholly desire. Voting also means supporting that individual for all that they do once they attain office, so if I vote for the one who becomes president and they commit actions that are bad, then by extension I am responsible in part for that happening. Politicians also tend to be power-hungry dirt-bags or incompetent bureaucrats (very true in this election), so support for such insignificant shits that are beneath me is out of the question.

To be honest, I would like to see myself on top of it all. To be the grand leader and rule maker; and as rule maker, I can choose to break the laws at will. I can will as I please while the rest of the world beckons at my control. That is true, unrefined freedom.
    I was going to say anarchist. ha ha but that's the absence of a government

You might be interested in Ron Paul, he used to run for the libertarian party(which sounds like the closest thing to which you would agree with) and is now only a republican simply because he knows no libertarian has become president. But he speaks the most about freedom by far than all the other candidates.

Would you find a government where they would actually vote everyday on several matters any good? boring? Like if the populace as a whole ACTUALLY voted and their vote ACTTUALLY mattered all the time on every issue like the Greeks did. I see them (Athenian Greece) as having true democracy, and we are a republic where we select a few to rule over all, and hope for the best. Even though the electoral college really gets the last say so even when we do vote it's almost pointless. (so it's not actually even a republic)
    "Once the game is over, the Pawn and the King go back into the same box"

Freedom isn't free.
    "Freedom is the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." ~ Orwell
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    Unapologetically bonding in an uninhibited, propelled manner
    10w12

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Savage Idealist View Post
    I'm an anarchist . . . well not 'anarchist' in that I think that we should be without government, but rather I disregard all forms of society, government, and external leadership with contempt, and while as an individual stand opposed to it, I merely keep a low profile and suffer under its domination so as to not endanger my safety or wellbeing. Now while some types of government are preferable to others in that those preferable types will come to benefit me, there is no perfect method of government that I will ever truly appreciate in relation to my own freedom. The same can be said for all of society and humanity at large.

Additionally, I choose not to vote for either candidate for more practical reasons; each ones holds some views that I agree with and others that I disagree with, so neither really preaches the ideals that I wholly desire. Voting also means supporting that individual for all that they do once they attain office, so if I vote for the one who becomes president and they commit actions that are bad, then by extension I am responsible in part for that happening. Politicians also tend to be power-hungry dirt-bags or incompetent bureaucrats (very true in this election), so support for such insignificant shits that are beneath me is out of the question.

To be honest, I would like to see myself on top of it all. To be the grand leader and rule maker; and as rule maker, I can choose to break the laws at will. I can will as I please while the rest of the world beckons at my control. That is true, unrefined freedom.

Savage Idealist indeed.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    While you are responsible for putting them in office, it's ridiculous to assume that one's vote becomes tacit support for whatever the president ends up doing.

Campaign promises, and what a sitting president actually ends up doing are, almost of necessity, two entirely different things.

During a campaign a candidate has to first craft a message that will appeal to those who vote in the primaries. The most stridently partisan group of any political party.

Once one is the candidate of choice for the general election, they then have to pull a massive U-turn (as quietly as possible) to craft a message that appeals to the middle of the electorate.

Once elected, they do what they want, regardless of what they said.

While we knew that health care reform would be a part of an Obama presidency, no one knew that Obama would forgo economic issues to push through the ACA while he had both sides of congress under his wing.

We vote with the hope that our pick will do a better job of moving the country forward than the other guy would have. We can't know what the president elect plans on doing, and as such can't either support or oppose it at the time we cast our vote.
    Do you believe that this is the right way/supporting justice, or are you saying that this is just the way it is?

Freedom isn't free.
    I'm that person that embodies pretty much everything that you hate. Might as well get used to it.
    10w12

WALMART

While you are responsible for putting them in office, it's ridiculous to assume that one's vote becomes tacit support for whatever the president ends up doing.

Campaign promises, and what a sitting president actually ends up doing are, almost of necessity, two entirely different things.

During a campaign a candidate has to first craft a message that will appeal to those who vote in the primaries. The most stridently partisan group of any political party.

Once one is the candidate of choice for the general election, they then have to pull a massive U-turn (as quietly as possible) to craft a message that appeals to the middle of the electorate.

While we knew that health care reform would be a part of an Obama presidency, no one knew that Obama would forgo economic issues to push through the ACA while he had both sides of congress under his wing.

We vote with the hope that our pick will do a better job of moving the country forward than the other guy would have. We can't know what the president elect plans on doing, and as such can't either support or oppose it at the time we cast our vote.

I believe being in the position of president is slightly different than running for president; I oft wonder the things they are briefed on just in the first week of being there that can radically change things that they honestly held conviction towards prior to achieving the position.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I believe being in the position of president is slightly different than running for president; I oft wonder the things they are briefed on just in the first week of being there that can radically change things that they honestly held conviction towards prior to achieving the position.

True story, politics are political.

Freedom isn't free.
    10w12

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    I'm going to hold my nose and vote for Obama. He seems to be the lesser of the corporate shills.
    This. There is no perfect candidate and I don't endorse everything Obama has done but compared to Romney, he seems the lesser of two evils and closer to my political ideology.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

It's not a direct kind of responsibility, more of an indirect one. True in that my vote does not become tacit support for their actions, yet my vote led them to that position where they could commit those actions.

This is all the more reason that I choose not to vote. There are very few politicians who possess the integrity to be good leaders, rather the lot of them lie an deceive the sheeple masses because it's the only way to achieve power.

But it becomes absurd to vote for either candidate if there's a strong chance that both are lying through their teeth. Yes perhaps voting for the lesser of two evils is optimal in some cases, but in my mind it will be voting for some sort of evil nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    I was going to say anarchist. ha ha but that's the absence of a government
    Yeah, technically/politically speaking, I consider myself a left-leaning centrist.

You might be interested in Ron Paul, he used to run for the libertarian party(which sounds like the closest thing to which you would agree with) and is now only a republican simply because he knows no libertarian has become president. But he speaks the most about freedom by far than all the other candidates.
    I've heard of him, however I find some of his policies to be completely and utterly retarded.

Would you find a government where they would actually vote everyday on several matters any good? boring? Like if the populace as a whole ACTUALLY voted and their vote ACTTUALLY mattered all the time on every issue like the Greeks did. I see them (Athenian Greece) as having true democracy, and we are a republic where we select a few to rule over all, and hope for the best. Even though the electoral college really gets the last say so even when we do vote it's almost pointless. (so it's not actually even a republic)
    Hell no. I might not like the government, but I certainly do not like the masses either. I would sooner have the government exercise more authoritarian political control as opposed to letting the countless idiots of this nation have their way in political matters. Populism and direct democracy will only lead to a hive mind of poor decisions and moronic policies as the average person lacks the intelligence, knowledge, and foresight necessary to know what is good for the nation. Either those peons need to be educated, or they need to stay out of the political process.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Savage Idealist indeed.
    I get that a lot. Can you believe that some days I doubt the validity of my own username?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

I've heard of him, however I find some of his policies to be completely and utterly retarded.

Such as?

Hell no. I might not like the government, but I certainly do not like the masses either. I would sooner have the government exercise more authoritarian political control as opposed to letting the countless idiots of this nation have their way in political matters. Populism and direct democracy will only lead to a hive mind of poor decisions and moronic policies as the average person lacks the intelligence, knowledge, and foresight necessary to know what is good for the nation. Either those peons need to be educated, or they need to stay out of the political process.
    HA HA, awesome lol love it.

Freedom isn't free.
    10w12

Banned
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Urarienev View Post
    Such as?
    Not to be rude, but I don't really feel like going to to detail why I dislike him (at least not now and in the context of this thread).

HA HA, awesome lol love it.
    You mean to say that you agree with me?

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Yes, I am.