MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Default 18% of Voters Will Not Vote Mormon

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0612/77684.html

...", 24 percent of Democrats would oppose a candidate based on Mormonism, compared with only 10 percent of Republicans."

Why would the RNC nominate a presidential candidate who already has a 10% voter deficit? Does this explain Paul Ryan as his running mate?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

WALMART

They probably figure whoever they put up will lose, he's likely the only one willing to give up a 2016 shot at presidency.

Yeah but a lot of republicans or right wingers, especially the lunatic fringe, would vote for them based on mormonism, remember Claire Wolfe's books, she recommended that free market agitators make mormon friends because of their capitalist/self reliance ideology, these are in group signals.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    They probably figure whoever they put up will lose, he's likely the only one willing to give up a 2016 shot at presidency.
    You really think they don't have a chance against Obama?

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 so/sp
    Socionics
    INTp

Harry Reid, a liberal Democrat is also a Mormon; this would be based on the same failed argument tried against JFK.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    I think the recent declarations of Romney being ahead are premature, since it's coming off the RNC and there's still two months to go (which is a long time in a presidential race). Still, I never count anything as a given; I think it comes down to how much people blame and want to punish obama for economic problems in this country; I also think it's clear that Republicans are far more motivated to vote again Obama than Democrats seem motivated to vote against Romney, as a whole that former party seems more passionate about the things they dislike.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Snoopy22 View Post
    Harry Reid, a liberal Democrat is also a Mormon; this would be based on the same failed argument tried against JFK.
    Who is trying to do what? What is the relationship here with JFK? I'm just asking why the RNC would do this. Now there may be various answers, such as they hope to swing voters, or they hope Ryan will garner some votes. The idea must be that 10% is not a serious enough deficit to overcome. A JFK comparison has nothing to do with my question.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post

Perhaps it is my liberal bias.

/jokes

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I think the recent declarations of Romney being ahead are premature, since it's coming off the RNC and there's still two months to go (which is a long time in a presidential race). Still, I never count anything as a given; I think it comes down to how much people blame and want to punish obama for economic problems in this country; I also think it's clear that Republicans are far more motivated to vote again Obama than Democrats seem motivated to vote against Romney, as a whole that former party seems more passionate about the things they dislike.
    Past experience with elections - this will be my 9th - shows that these polls are highly dubious even up to election day.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

I look forward to the day when this can be said about 100% of voters and about all cults/superstitions.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."