First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    "Whites see racial equality as a zero sum game, in which gains for one group mean losses for the other."

Duh. That's Affirmative Action all over the place.
    How circular. You see affirmative action as an example of efforts towards racial equality that take away from one group to benefit the other (zero-sum game) because you "see racial equality as a zero sum game, in which gains for one group mean losses for the other." There are other assumptions upon which to rest one's view of the matter. Namely, that without AA one group is disadvantaged to begin with.

"These data are the first to demonstrate that not only do whites think more progress has been made toward equality than do blacks, but whites also now believe that this progress is linked to a new inequality – at their expense."

LOL.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    How circular. You see affirmative action as an example of efforts towards racial equality that take away from one group to benefit the other (zero-sum game) because you "see racial equality as a zero sum game, in which gains for one group mean losses for the other." There are other assumptions upon which to rest one's view of the matter. Namely, that without AA one group is disadvantaged to begin with.

"These data are the first to demonstrate that not only do whites think more progress has been made toward equality than do blacks, but whites also now believe that this progress is linked to a new inequality – at their expense."

LOL.
    New? This info is 30 years old. But now the latest generation of whites is trying to enter the workplace or go to college and being bumpskied by racial competition furthered by government interference.

Is white privilege racial? This isn't a racial issue. When you're from the wrong side of the tracks, color doesn't matter.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I just discovered I am not white. Which beats the hell out of me because my skin pigmentation has not changed, neither has my culture, heritage or anything else.
    Does the OP have anything to do with what you think of yourself? Or is it what others think about you? Any salesperson makes summing you up into a habit so he or she knows which way to direct the sales pitch.

This article lost me in the second paragraph:

The 'Un-Fair Campaign', which is sponsored by the University of Minnesota in Duluth, where 90 percent of people are white, asks if people feel enough guilt for the colour of their skin

Telling people to feel guilty for the color of their skin isn't any better than telling people anything else based on the color of their skin. If white privilege is indeed institutional instead of willful, then you're going to get a lot farther with education than calling people white devils.
    Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    This article lost me in the second paragraph:

The 'Un-Fair Campaign', which is sponsored by the University of Minnesota in Duluth, where 90 percent of people are white, asks if people feel enough guilt for the colour of their skin

Telling people to feel guilty for the color of their skin isn't any better than telling people anything else based on the color of their skin. If white privilege is indeed institutional instead of willful, then you're going to get a lot farther with education than calling people white devils.
    Yeah, those are the words of the Daily Mail though, not of the campaigners. Who takes the Daily Mail seriously?
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Is white privilege racial? This isn't a racial issue. When you're from the wrong side of the tracks, color doesn't matter.
    It is when the wrong side of the tracks involves being a minority.. or really, anything that isn't white.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Does the OP have anything to do with what you think of yourself? Or is it what others think about you? Any salesperson makes summing you up into a habit so he or she knows which way to direct the sales pitch.
    It was in response to the post which I had quoted along with that remark, it was indicating that if indeed the quotation was true, that all white people felt a particular way then I was not white. It was a mistaken generalisation from whatever source material they had.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

It was in response to the post which I had quoted along with that remark, it was indicating that if indeed the quotation was true, that all white people felt a particular way then I was not white. It was a mistaken generalisation from whatever source material they had.
    Then I hope the racial quota system works well for you in getting a job.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Then I hope the racial quota system works well for you in getting a job.
    Yeah, I dont understand why you just typed that.

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Yeah, I dont understand why you just typed that.
    Because you might feel that way when racial equality eventually creates a strike against you during a job search. Of course I don't know if that happens in your country. This really only applies to countries where racial inequality is practiced.