User Tag List

First 345

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    If I were a terrorist, I would wait for another American conservative to take office to create civil unrest. Then you're guaranteed a response, and guaranteed another reaping of soldiers to do your bidding.
    Did you read the Cracked article about the craziest things the US military had done? It may have been what world militaries have done but anyway, it described about how the US military had rehearsed infiltration and revolution as a strategy IN A US STATE!

It made me wonder about how much of the ninties militia fever and libertarianism out break was all part of a training ops exercise.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Did you read the Cracked article about the craziest things the US military had done? It may have been what world militaries have done but anyway, it described about how the US military had rehearsed infiltration and revolution as a strategy IN A US STATE!

It made me wonder about how much of the ninties militia fever and libertarianism out break was all part of a training ops exercise.

That sounds rather interesting, if you could find the article I would love to read it.

Isn't it much more important that the US dependence on other nations for natural resources be eliminated, anyway? I mean, if that doesn't happen, it doesn't really matter what theory you try to put in place, the imports will greatly outweigh exports anyway, and value will not be introduced into the country. It definitely requires the government to start economic actions in order to stop the dependence on other nations, something the states should be able to do without all the regulations imposed on them by the federal government. That's all it really has to do, however, as everything should balance itself out after that and the government actions will create jobs in the process. And jobs that could transition into private business as they are formed.

But I don't think Market Monetarism is capable of doing that; its purpose seems to be a normalizing one that depends on an already well-running society. How would regulating supply and demand actually benefit a country that needs drastic changes to its rate of production? There isn't much to regulate when the problem is a large ever-increasing debt with no immediate means to pay it off.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

At work.

I will address @Lark's concerns when I have the time and the inclination.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    At work.

I will address @Lark's concerns when I have the time and the inclination.
    I dont have any concerns but I'd be happy if you can tell me how a mass production economy works without demand or employment.

Even if this was an insinuation about Romney getting a lot of money from military contractors, saying that someone intends to become a "warlord" paints a very explicit picture.

A warlord is someone who maintains power and rules over a particular area through the use of military force.

Even if you could make a case that U.S. forces are "ruling" over a particular area overseas (which in itself seems like a twisting of words), we live in a democracy. Neither Obama nor Romney can maintain power through military means without doing a lot of specific things to the way our country is run. He would have to remove term limits, or dismantle the election process, make congress unable to impeach him, or otherwise remove checks and balances.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Senior Member captain curmudgeon's Avatar
    MBTI
    BIRD
    Enneagram
    631 sp

This would certainly be at least slightly ironic in light of the fact that Romney's Republican nomination acceptance speech was the first since 1952 to not mention war.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...elections-2012
    Jarlaxle: fact checking this thread makes me want to go all INFP on my wrists

"I'm in competition with myself and I'm losing."
    -Roger Waters

ReadingRainbows: OMG GUYS
    ReadingRainbows: GUESS WHAT EXISTS FOR ME
    hel: fairies?
    Captain Curmudgeon: existential angst?

Johari Nohari

https://www.librarything.com/profile/wheelchairdoug

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    471 sx/sp

Isn't that the goal of every elected leader?