User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 48

  1. #11
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I think its hard to find a politician which isnt connected to the military industrial complex, the US is addicted to militarism.
    Unfortunately, saber rattling goes with the territory. But if it wasn't for WWII, we would still be in a depression.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  2. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Unfortunately, saber rattling goes with the territory. But if it wasn't for WWII, we would still be in a depression.
    I dont know, if it wasnt for the keynesianism which war permitted I would say. Its not like it has to be war but its one of the few things which will permit the tax and spend necessary to correct that kind of market failure.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I dont know, if it wasnt for the keynesianism which war permitted I would say. Its not like it has to be war but its one of the few things which will permit the tax and spend necessary to correct that kind of market failure.
    If only tax and spend corrected market failure. There is one important psychological factor missing here: ambition. WWII put people back to work in private industry and motivated them to work harder.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    If only tax and spend corrected market failure. There is one important psychological factor missing here: ambition. WWII put people back to work in private industry and motivated them to work harder.
    If I was naive about economics I think I might think that too.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    If I was naive about economics I think I might think that too.
    Has a tax and spend policy fixed any economy? When and where?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

  6. #16
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Has a tax and spend policy fixed any economy? When and where?
    The crux of the issue arises.

  7. #17
    LL P. Stewie Beorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    4,805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    It's called unfounded rumor and fear mongering. It's a display of rivaling political parties playing cutthroat.

    What you're saying sounds very dramatic and borderline conspiracy talk. I'd be wary to put any faith in such information.
    Wow. How backwards can you make things?
    Those advocating for taking down the military industrial complex are not the ones engaging in rumors and fear mongering. Pretty sure the ones engaging in that are the politicians who used shitty evidence during primary season to claim Iran was going to make use of WMDs within 6 months. It's been nine months and somehow Iran has not started ww3.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

  8. #18
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mal+ View Post
    Has a tax and spend policy fixed any economy? When and where?
    So you're saying that the taxing and spending brought about my the new deal and world war 2 didn't fix anything?

    I'll also mirror that question; when has removing taxing and spending fixed and economy?
    Go to sleep, iguana.


    _________________________________
    INTP. Type 1>6>5. sx/sp.
    Live and let live will just amount to might makes right

  9. #19
    Senior Member swordpath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ISTx
    Posts
    10,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    Wow. How backwards can you make things?
    Those advocating for taking down the military industrial complex are not the ones engaging in rumors and fear mongering. Pretty sure the ones engaging in that are the politicians who used shitty evidence during primary season to claim Iran was going to make use of WMDs within 6 months. It's been nine months and somehow Iran has not started ww3.
    I didn't say it doesn't come from both sides...

  10. #20
    Senior Member Mal12345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti
    Posts
    13,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    So you're saying that the taxing and spending brought about my the new deal and world war 2 didn't fix anything?

    I'll also mirror that question; when has removing taxing and spending fixed and economy?
    Aren't you the one who said that any amount of deaths would be excusable in the creation of a communist society?
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

Similar Threads

  1. Mitt Romney
    By wistfulwillow in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 69
    Last Post: 01-04-2014, 01:34 AM
  2. Twenty-Two Days and Counting: Mitt Romney's Media Blackout
    By WALMART in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 103
    Last Post: 11-05-2012, 10:28 AM
  3. Paul Ryan to be Mitt Romney's Running Mate
    By lowtech redneck in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 08-18-2012, 02:17 AM
  4. Is Mitt Romney a Klansman?
    By Beargryllz in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 115
    Last Post: 12-20-2011, 12:57 PM
  5. Warlords: The secret dipliomatioc duels of WWII
    By Sniffles in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-04-2008, 04:58 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO