User Tag List

12 Last

Default Tax Plans: Who Benefits Who.

So I stumbled onto a research looking at how Obama/Romney's plan will affect the U.S., the states, and your city. Blue means those areas that benefit from Obama's tax plan, red means those who benefit from Romney's tax plan. The results?

Look up who would you benefit from by typing your state/city/zipcode here: LINK

Romney's plan will mostly help urban areas. With Romney's plan, those making 200k+ will have their money skyrocket while offering little difference to those making less than 200k. The one place that has any noticeable help, from this distance of the map is from San Antonio/Houston(?)(EDIT, I correct myself... Batesvile, seems San Antonio/Houston benefit from Obama also) Others are in places like San Francisco, New York, L.A., etc.

Obama's tax plan, on the other hand, tends to help more of the rural and suburban areas. As you can see on the map, a HUGE swath off America (even more so in the south.)

Average National Household Income
    About 70% of Americans benefit from Obama's plan
    About 30% benefit from Romney's plan.

It is safe to say that the suburbs that I live in benefits from Obama's plan over Romney's.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Is this a sort of map you have to zoom on because from the look of it Romney's plan benefits very few people and the stats dont seem to reflect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    Is this a sort of map you have to zoom on because from the look of it Romney's plan benefits very few people and the stats dont seem to reflect that.
    Yes, you can zoom in.

The "link"(in bold) contains the map you can enter to zoom in and out, I choose to zoom out to see the 48 continuous states to give a better picture of the situation.

I'm floored by the data because so many people seem to like voting against their best interests.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Yes, you can zoom in.

The "link"(in bold) contains the map you can enter to zoom in and out, I choose to zoom out to see the 48 continuous states to give a better picture of the situation.

I'm floored by the data because so many people seem to like voting against their best interests.
    Its clearer than EVER before but it doesnt surprise me, what does surprise me is that its been going on for so, so, so long, even permitting for one generation coming up and failing to learn any lessons from the experience of the previous generation and repeating them at the polling booth there's been a kind of unbelieveable trend.

Media and ideology has an awful, awful lot of power.

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Its clearer than EVER before but it doesnt surprise me, what does surprise me is that its been going on for so, so, so long, even permitting for one generation coming up and failing to learn any lessons from the experience of the previous generation and repeating them at the polling booth there's been a kind of unbelieveable trend.

Summed up our predicament rather concisely. Everything about Romney screams "sociopath" in my head when I consider the front he exposes during his campaign against the policies and allegiances he stands for.
    intp | type 9w1 sp/sx/so

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

^Say amen, somebody.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

WALMART

I wish I were able to form opinions like I used to.

I feel the amount of information required to be processed into something meaningful is beyond my personal comprehension.

Perhaps someday I will go back to my decisive self. Til then, come what may.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    Summed up our predicament rather concisely. Everything about Romney screams "sociopath" in my head when I consider the front he exposes during his campaign against the policies and allegiances he stands for.
    Well I'm not sure about that, I think that people are too quick to pathologise either opposition in politics, just as I dont think American liberalism should be dismissed as a mental illness or disorder as some US conservatives do describe it.

There's strong ideology and rationalisations of power and privilege at play here, popular and appealing ones too, no one should doubt that at all. Rand et al provide a script, its repetitive and simple but some people like that, consequentially is easy to remember, there's clear lines drawn between the good guys and the bad guys etc.

The left has nothing like that anymore, the post in the other thread about martial prowess I created in which Peguy posted a great clip about grand strategy should be food for thought because while the right has had a pretty clear, coherent, concise grand political strategy for a long time the left hasnt, its collapsed in a lisping "be nice" if nothing else. All too easy to lampoon and satirise.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

When people who make a lot of money like Romney say they pay 13-17% in taxes, I realize that is a low percentage amount of their income, but the number is ridiculously high.. 13-17% of Romney's income is about $2.5 million in taxes. That's a large sum of money being taxed.

My parents, my sister and myself all pay between 25-30% in taxes which is quite a bit, but in the grand scheme of things, the dollar amount of negligible compared to $2.5mil.

I would rather see the middle class and lower class taxed at a lower rate because 25-30% for someone making $60k-$100k is too much money being docked when you consider all bills and mortgages. Sure taxing the higher income families at 25-30% sounds like a lot, but they still have an abundant amount of money left over.

We saw Reagan in the 80's have the trickle down economy theory put into action and watched it fail miserably. There was a documentary that showed when the top 1% of the population earned a significant amount of the income, the country falls into a depression. We saw this trend in the late 20's and around 2007. I'm still not sure who I'm voting for yet, but I agree with the original post, I think Obama will help the majority of the people while Romney's will immediately benefit a smaller portion that doesn't need aid.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

AMEN
    ( . )( . )