User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10

  1. #1
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default assisted muscle growth, spring loaded legs and you





    http://www.usatoday.com/sports/cycli...ges/57258616/1



    As technology turns away from our external world and in towards ourselves, I fear this topic to be increasingly socially dividing.



    Will you be left behind the curve?








    Any thoughts/expereinces on the topic welcome.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  2. #2
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    I've noticed a phenomenon where if there's someone who does well and is a cheater, suspicion ends up being cast on EVERYONE who does well.

    I experienced this in Combat Arms where cheat paranoia is extremely high. I was often accused of chams (a cheat that lets you detect people through walls) simply because I had good prediction and deduction skills.

    For example, in the legit game without cheats you see a projection of tags for all your team members, so if you hear a sound and there's no tag in that direction, you know it's an enemy. Or even if you see a tag disappear because your team mate got fragged, you have a good idea where the enemy is even though you can't see them. Yet people would expect you to be absolutely oblivious to their position until they're absolutely in your face shooting you which is just plain asinine.

    Edit: also this leads some people to actually cheat because they believe that everyone else is doing it, which increases the accusations further because people actually are cheating and it just perpetrates a mess. Then you end up with cheaters calling out other cheaters to cast suspicion elsewhere.

  3. #3
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I've noticed a phenomenon where if there's someone who does well and is a cheater, suspicion ends up being cast on EVERYONE who does well.

    I experienced this in Combat Arms where cheat paranoia is extremely high. I was often accused of chams (a cheat that lets you detect people through walls) simply because I had good prediction and deduction skills.

    For example, in the legit game without cheats you see a projection of tags for all your team members, so if you hear a sound and there's no tag in that direction, you know it's an enemy. Or even if you see a tag disappear because your team mate got fragged, you have a good idea where the enemy is even though you can't see them. Yet people would expect you to be absolutely oblivious to their position until they're absolutely in your face shooting you which is just plain asinine.

    Lol, getting accused of hax while not is the best feeling ever. Very good example, good thinking =P

  4. #4
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Lol, getting accused of hax while not is the best feeling ever. Very good example, good thinking =P
    Yeah. It's gotten to the point where in Gunz for example, expert K stylers (a special complex fighting technique that is emergent and takes a lot of dexterity and practice) end up making videos showing them actually doing the moves with their fingers on the keyboard and how fast they can do it just to prove that they don't have a tool assist for K styling.

    Edit: personally in this case I don't blame them though, because K styling is not a casual thing. It's incredibly fucking hard to do for an entire match which is why I always did E style which is basically default style and is more how the game was intended to be played. Some call it gun style or noob style, or no style. :P

  5. #5
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Yeah. It's gotten to the point where in Gunz for example, expert K stylers (a special complex fighting technique that is emergent and takes a lot of dexterity and practice) end up making videos showing them actually doing the moves with their fingers on the keyboard and how fast they can do it just to prove that they don't have a tool assist for K styling.

    Edit: personally in this case I don't blame them though, because K styling is not a casual thing. It's incredibly fucking hard to do for an entire match which is why I always did E style which is basically default style and is more how the game was intended to be played. Some call it gun style or noob style, or no style. :P

    Gunz, lol. I played that for like a week, I sucked. Watching vids on youtube now makes me understand why =P

  6. #6
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Gunz, lol. I played that for like a week, I sucked. Watching vids on youtube now makes me understand why =P
    Yeah. Definite pecking order in that game - not newbie friendly at all. There's like a dozen people at a given time that have wayyyyyy too much damn time on their hands and are frickin god awesome at the game, and then there are the average people who are just merely awesome from having to deal with the experts.

  7. #7
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default




    when i grow i want to be artificial

  8. #8
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Ahh so you're talking about this.

    When you posted the Lance Armstrong link I thought it was about fair competition and stuff.

    When it comes to augmented humans, it's probably going to happen eventually and there's gonna be some shit over it.

  9. #9
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Ahh so you're talking about this.

    When you posted the Lance Armstrong link I thought it was about fair competition and stuff.

    When it comes to augmented humans, it's probably going to happen eventually and there's gonna be some shit over it.

    Well, I feel the sports arena is where it will hit first.

    Then perhaps the workplace. I don't know.

  10. #10
    Mojibake sprinkles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Posts
    2,968

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Well, I feel the sports arena is where it will hit first.

    Then perhaps the workplace. I don't know.
    Yeah. If they ever openly allow it in sports and not call it cheating, I think that would open the gates and there probably won't be any closing it again.

Similar Threads

  1. Trekkie Species and YOU!
    By labyrinthine in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 87
    Last Post: 06-22-2012, 02:21 PM
  2. Do you have muscles that are disproportionally developed and/or underdevelop?
    By UnitOfPopulation in forum Arts & Entertainment
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 07:32 PM
  3. Replies: 38
    Last Post: 08-26-2009, 03:23 AM
  4. Take a drink and you'll sink to a state of pure inebriation.
    By Firelie in forum Welcomes and Introductions
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-21-2008, 03:56 AM
  5. Cellphones to keep track of your purchases -- and you
    By heart in forum Science, Technology, and Future Tech
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-01-2008, 07:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO