User Tag List

123 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Default Norway verdicts in

Brevik has been sentenced to 22 years of solitary, most people dont think he will be released, he has been judged sane.

I was wondering what everyones opinions on this are.

I do think that it has made me think, many sources are reporting that this is a day on which Norweigan values and their justice system have been upheld, I've heard some of the survivors say about how they think that terrorism is not simply terrible for the deaths it inflicts on peaceable innocent persons but the reaction to it and they have decided not to change, not to adopt different methods when dealing with child killers etc.

That to me is pretty mature and enlightened, more than me personally probably.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

77 people.

Wow.

I've never heard of this before today, but the ruling seems like it'll work to keep him out of reach of the general population.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

The judge ruled that he was sane, Norway argued that the far right can't be dismissed as 'the rantings and actions of a lunatic'.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by Ism View Post
    77 people.

Wow.

I've never heard of this before today
    Really? I'm curious how you never heard/saw news coverage of this last year.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    Really? I'm curious how you never heard/saw news coverage of this last year.
    I'm in college and don't keep up on the news, which, evidently, has its advantages and disadvantages.

Riva

Sigh!

'If you kill 77 of our unarmed people we will send you to jail for 22 years.'

Only 22 years? No death sentence? Atleast not even life imprisonment?

Fuck!!!

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    Sigh!

'If you kill 77 of our unarmed people we will send you to jail for 22 years.'

Only 22 years? No death sentence? Atleast not even life imprisonment?

Fuck!!!
    That's only a Norwegian legal thing, according to the radio I heard this news on.

They have no life sentance in Norway, so they gave him the maximum, but he's a special case, because he was tried for murder and possibly criminally insane, he might/is most likely to be deemed a threat to public safety in Norway and on those special/rare grounds; It's highly unlikely, I heard today on the radio, that he will ever be allowed out, and that sentance, is just the maximum in that country.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I think this is a great verdict. No European country has the death penalty and life sentence usually means about 20 years in Germany as well. It's normal for this part of the world and I agree with those who say Norway did the best thing by not giving in and not changing its culture because of some terrorist(s).
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    That's only a Norweigen legal thing, according to the radio I heard this news on.

They have no life sentance in Norway, so they gave him the maximum, but he's a special case, because he was tried for murder and possibly criminally insane, he might/is most likely to be deemed a threat to public safety in Norway and on those special/rare grounds; It's highly unlikely, I heard today on the radio, that he will ever be allowed out, and that sentance, is just the maximum in that country.
    So he could complete his sentence but still be imprisoned?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Basically, yeah; for the saftey of Norway, of course; but, yup.