User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    So I don't know, we let the pound put him down. I guess the whole incident somewhat weighs heavy on my heart.
    I'm guessing that some parts of the west [I previously assumed USA, but realized that I could be wrong] has different sort of rules/laws surrounding this putting down animals for attacking?

I can't imagine this happening in my country. Animal bites / attacks are treated as natural incidents of life and animals are rarely, if never put down until and unless they're proven to have rabies.

I felt sorry for your dog ... and I think it was unfair treatment .. not that I'm judging you or anyone for the incident .. it just seems unfair to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    So the human should be executed because his dog attacked a horse. We don't even always execute humans who kill other humans. Your position is absurd, or do you think we should start executing people for assault?
    "I personally believe...we should gather with torches and pitchforks and hang deviant posters on the interweb, such as, in the Iraq".
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I'm guessing that USA has a different sort of rules/laws surrounding this kinda of crap?

I can't imagine this happening in my country. Animal bites / attacks are treated as natural incidents of life and animals are rarely, if never put down until and unless they're proven to have rabies.
    ^+1.
    To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing.
    ~ Elbert Hubbard

Music provides one of the clearest examples of a much deeper relation between mathematics and human experience.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix View Post
    I'm guessing that some parts of the west [I previously assumed USA, but realized that I could be wrong] has different sort of rules/laws surrounding this putting down animals for attacking?

I felt sorry for your dog ... and I think it was unfair treatment .. not that I'm judging you or anyone for the incident .. it just seems unfair to me.

My neighbor said if he saw the dog again he would kill him. Ex-Marine.

I don't know. To be technical, we let the pound have him back. No one adopted him again, I later found out he was put down.

What if we made a rule that people had to put down their own pets?
    Would that improve responsible pet owning?
    Drawbacks?

Sort of makes me think of Eddard Stark taking personal responsibility for the handing out of justice to his subjects.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    GONE

I wonder how similar the approach to handling "dogs who have bitten" and "corporal punishment for humans" is? And just general "criminal justice system".
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

...-.- why was there a police horse in an off-leash area again? The cop was an idiot for doing that and he's trying to pin it on the dog, weather he knew he was being an idiot or not. in this case, dont put the dog down. if they do i will be severely disappointed in humanity.

now that I think of it why do cops still use horses anyway? dont they get enough cardio training in the police academy? I would think they'd be able to outrun a criminal on foot without riding a horse, they should be able to do that anyway, and if they cant do that imo they need another few months in the academy before they get their badge back.
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by acronach View Post
    ...-.- why was there a police horse in an off-leash area again? The cop was an idiot for doing that and he's trying to pin it on the dog, weather he knew he was being an idiot or not. in this case, dont put the dog down. if they do i will be severely disappointed in humanity.

now that I think of it why do cops still use horses anyway? dont they get enough cardio training in the police academy? I would think they'd be able to outrun a criminal on foot without riding a horse, they should be able to do that anyway, and if they cant do that imo they need another few months in the academy before they get their badge back.
    LOL yeah. What a fucking putz.

I imagine it was a comical scene.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

It's standard in the city I live in (not the one in the article), for police to patrol the larger off-leash dog parks on horse back. There's a lot of bush and forest in the park so there's crime. And once in awhile, there are also dog attacks on people the cops help to defray. Considering the trails, it's actually a practical solution except for vicious, poorly trained, overly aggressive dogs like this who shouldn't be in an off-leash without a muzzle.

So that you understand my position, I adore dogs and animals in general. But I can't stand owners who deliberately get aggressive dogs they can't control or haven't put in the energy to properly train. Had this animal been properly trained, the owner could have stopped its attack. That the dog continued to savage the horse for 1.6 miles, speaks poorly of its training. If the dog was inherently non-trainable then it's an even greater problem.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have no problem with the laws regarding dog bites as they currently stand.