User Tag List

First 12345 Last

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Did you even read the article or were you projecting your situation onto one that's insanely brutal?

Now if your dog did same to your neighbor and you felt this was reasonable behaviour for a dog, then you shouldn't be allowed to own a dog.

I took offense to the 'owner needing to be put down' comment, perhaps.

Another step in learning to keep my mouth shut.

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    I know of many cases of dogs biting humans, or killing cats, and not getting put down. I don't see why the pit bull should be put down for less.
    they shouldn't. in maryland pit bulls are judged to be "inherently dangerous," which is plainly not true. they're actually more timid and tolerant than many breeds. their musculature and height give them an edge in a fight, but they're actually less easily provoked. they just have a bad rap because they're so successful when they do finally decide to attack.

at least as far as i know.
    we fukin won boys

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post
    they shouldn't. in maryland pit bulls are judged to be "inherently dangerous," which is plainly not true. they're actually more timid and tolerant than many breeds. their musculature and height give them an edge in a fight, but they're actually less easily provoked. they just have a bad rap because they're so successful when they do finally decide to attack.

I don't think that's necessarily true. Pit bulls are known to be quick to flash. I thought the owner must have done okay training this one, because he seemed pretty peaceful outside of this incident. I've taken care of pits that can't even SEE another dog or squirrel or they will yank your arm off.
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Did you even read the article or were you projecting your situation onto one that's insanely brutal?

Now if your dog did same to your neighbor and you felt this was reasonable behaviour for a dog, then you shouldn't be allowed to own a dog.
    So the human should be executed because his dog attacked a horse. We don't even always execute humans who kill other humans. Your position is absurd, or do you think we should start executing people for assault?
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Nocapszy View Post

This is untrue. Pitbulls are reknowned for being aggressive towards other animals. As far as aggression towards humans, not much aggression towards their owners if pecking order has been established but when it comes to strangers where they lock into protection mode, they're also reknowned for their determination. These dogs were engineered to fight and be aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    So the human should be executed because his dog attacked a horse. We don't even always execute humans who kill other humans. Your position is absurd.
    How PC of you and ridiculous. Just more enabling of crappy ownership.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Sad. Everytime I hear about an animal that has to be put down, I want to pummel the people making that decision. People are uneducated idiots when it comes to having pets and interacting with animals in general due to lack of understanding as to how that particular species works. And the animal nearly always ends up taking the blame, coz he doesn't have a voice. The only time I am for euthanising an animal is when the animal is clearly unable to have a good quality of life due to constantly living in fear (and because of that perhaps being aggressive, destructive or exhibiting other problem behaviors), and there is no way to undo those fears.

Also, pet owners who use animals as disposable objects and scapegoats should have a tattoo on their forehead stating that they are in fact incompetent of taking care of an animal and as such should never be allowed to have one. It should be illegal to actually let them have one
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

How PC of you and ridiculous. Just more enabling of crappy ownership.
    I don't think you know what PC means.

So your position is that if we don't execute this owner, we are enabling crappy ownership? There's only one person being ridiculous here.

Let me introduce you to concept it seems you have never considered (fast-forward to 6:03, time shifting doesn't seem to work):

"We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus View Post
    I don't think you know what PC means.

So your position is that if we don't execute this owner, we are enabling crappy ownership? There's only one person being ridiculous here.
    How literal, Literalus.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

How literal, Literalus.
    How should I have interpreted your statements?