User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Single-issue voters really piss me off.
    I miss single-issue voters. Now all I hear is, "that Obama fella just seems like a really nice guy" ......."really? what specifically do you like about his views?" ...."uh, durr, change."
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    I miss single-issue voters. Now all I hear is, "that Obama fella just seems like a really nice guy" ......."really? what specifically do you like about his views?" ...."uh, durr, change."
    I would argue that "change" could be considered a single issue, as well. "Not Bush" was a single issue in 2004 also; that happened to be a particularly compelling single issue.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    OMNi

I would argue that "change" could be considered a single issue, as well. "Not Bush" was a single issue in 2004 also; that happened to be a particularly compelling single issue.
    I'm far more annoyed by issues that are clearly based on smears or oversimplifications. Most of this nation is politically inept.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENTP

But change is one of those buzzwords that anyone can interpret to mean what they want, and those interpretations can all be contradictory. You'd be hard pressed to find someone who doesn't want change in some way, even if it's change back to the way things were. So making vague promises of change as the basis of your platform isn't so much a stance on a dispute as it is just plain old warm fuzzy bullshit.

I can't take this test, btw. Whoever made it is a moron.
    I don't wanna!

This is pretty close to where I thought I'd wind up, although I expected to be a couple of squares more to the right.

For the record, I also hated the single party state question. Just because it's more efficient doesn't mean it's desirable. I would have also appreciated a fifth "middle option" for the questions.

Everybody have fun tonight. Everybody Wang Chung tonight.

Johari
    /Nohari

MBTI
    OMNi

Hm...I guess I'll have to make my own political test.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ENTP

Economic Left/Right: -5.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -4.77

Self Description: I do believe that people need to work for their keep... but at the same time, I can't stand the thought that the poor be left out in the cold, so I support redistribution programs to a point... which obviously means I am not an anarchist, since I believe in a government which is fairly well-organized and can regulate corporations in the interests of a quasi-free market... I'm very liberal when it comes to cultural politics as well as stuff like marijuana (legalize it), abortion (keep it legal), and gun ownership for private citizens (WHY is this still legal?)...

I foolishly created a new thread on the Political Compass Test and assumed there wasn't another one... should've looked... so here's my results... it seems MBTIc would have been blacklisted a few decades ago....

Will read through the proceeding posts soon... offer my unsolicited comments...
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Samuel De Mazarin View Post
    gun ownership for private citizens (WHY is this still legal?)... [/i]
    The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States? And one's natural right to arm themselves against state and private aggressors?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP

Talking

The Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States? And one's natural right to arm themselves against state and private aggressors?
    My question concerning why private gun ownership still exists was rhetorical... I'm fully aware of the 2nd Amendment. I'm one of those infernal free-thinkers who thinks that private gun ownership has done far more harm than good in this country.

Look how much guns helped in Waco, Texas. In an age of mass media and an ever-growing bureaucracy, I would wager that there are far better ways of revolting against the government in this technocratic age than by getting thousands of innocent people killed in gun fights. Hacking into government computers is a more intelligent and effective way of disrupting totalitarian regimes than by firing rocket launchers. India was freed from the British and America purged (largely) of its legislated racism through nonviolent means.

P.S. For any FBI out there, I was born in America, am a citizen, live here, love it, and would never do anything illegal.
    Madman's azure lie: a zen miasma ruled.

Realize us, Madman!

I razed a slum, Amen.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I don't really like that test, a lot of the questions are just...lame in some way. Anyway, it said:

Economic Left/Right: 1.12
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.72

So I guess nobody can accuse me of being an extremist, since based on this, I'm right near the center.