User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Uh...ok.

This is why I don't get into political 'discussions'. What's the point? ;-)

So...here's me!!!

"...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Some stuff moved here.

MBTI
    ISTP

Basically what I expected, pretty much a moderate with a libertarian streak.

Economic Left/Right: -0.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.23

I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by millerm277 View Post
    Basically what I expected, pretty much a moderate with a libertarian streak.

Economic Left/Right: -0.75
    Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.23

I'm jealous. You are at where I would like to be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OMNi: Wisdom at the cost of Sanity.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    I'm jealous. You are at where I would like to be.
    Can't you get to that part of the spectrum? Just modify your thinking a little. *cough* compromise your principles *cough*
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Can't you get to that part of the spectrum? Just modify your thinking a little. *cough* compromise your principles *cough*
    By reason, I speculate that a central socioeconomic philosophy in accordance with libertarian leanings would be the most logical political philosophy, but as I have my own dogmatic ideals, there are some things I am not quite willing to compromise on. Namely, imposing religious values and the concept of property on others.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Somewhat Dalai Lama-ish

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddo View Post
    By reason, I speculate that a central socioeconomic philosophy in accordance with libertarian leanings would be the most logical political philosophy, but as I have my own dogmatic ideals, there are some things I am not quite willing to compromise on. Namely, imposing religious values and the concept of property on others.
    That is quite the serious response to a comical suggestion. I was just pointing out that you have ultimate control over where you end up on that graph. It would be interesting to see where all of these survey takers would end up on the Nolan Chart (World's Smallest Political Quiz).

MBTI
    OMNi

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    That is quite the serious response to a comical suggestion. I was just pointing out that you have ultimate control over where you end up on that graph. It would be interesting to see where all of these survey takers would end up on the Nolan Chart (World's Smallest Political Quiz).
    The same could be said of the MBTI.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Razor View Post
    Here is a short criticism of the Nolan Chart.

The problem with political quizzes is that they a) are usually based on a a range of views of a certain country or culture, in case of the Nolan Chart and the Political Compass, they are primarily based on political issues relevant in the USA.

Point B) is that the test will often be biased towards the political stance that the creator of the test himself holds. For example the Nolan Chart is biased towards libertarianism.

Another flaw of the Political Compass test is that it measures Authoritarianism only in terms of social authoritarianism on issues such as abortion and homosexuality. A person's stance on economic freedom does not factor into this axis at all as it appears. The graph puts me into the libertarian quarter, however I am not a libertarian at all, and even though I have a liberal stance on most social issues, I should be placed further to the top on the graph, as I am opposed to private enterprise and excessive amounts of private property, for example.
    I don't lend any credence whatsoever to Mike Huben's website. That guy has been OBSESSED with attacking libertarianism and libertarians for over a decade. His entire website has been debunked on more than one occasion. It's not a con to get people to believe they are libertarians when they are not. If you look at the actual statements, many of them are pretty far outside of the "mainstream" of modern American politics. Recent surveys suggest that about 15-20% of Americans would identify as libertarian or "socially liberal, fiscally conservative." The Nolan Chart would suggest it's higher, but A) libertarians are more likely to take an Advocates for Self-Government quiz; and B) there is a natural human tendency to try to score "higher" on quizzes, and this has probably led to the higher-than-expected scores of libertarian and centrist on that particular quiz.