User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5 sx/sp

this is what's wrong with beurocracy. technicalities>common sense. If this was a single person or even a group of people making this same decision, they would all be complete retards, but since laws and technicalities were involved, I find this regrettable but not surprising.

even a hardcore pro-lifer could figure out that 1 life>both mother and baby dead
    Enneagram: Type 5, Dual Wing, SX/SP Instinct, Tritype 5-3w2-9w8
    MBTI: INTP

Like a Baws

Introverted (I) 57.14% Extroverted (E) 42.86%
    Intuitive (N) 63.16% Sensing (S) 36.84%
    Thinking (T) 70.37% Feeling (F) 29.63%
    Perceiving (P) 56.61% Judging (J) 43.39%

MBTI
    INFJ

This not only says a lot about abortion laws but also says a lot about legislation in general.

You have to be very careful what you turn into a law because once it comes to case law you get dumb situations like this. "This is what the law says. You're SOL. Sorry. "

MBTI
    IxTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ti

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    So they killed the mother (or rather, allowed her to die), along with the unborn child they were claiming to be saving from chemo?

This is so diabolically stupid, I can't even comprehend it fully.
    It's called "the state." Get used to it, because we're going to be seeing a lot more of it.
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the mouth." Mike Tyson
    “Culture?” says Paul McCartney. “This isn't culture. It's just a good laugh.”

This reminds me of that story last November about the 10-year old in Mexico forced to give birth because of their strict anti-abortion laws.

10-year-old gives birth to baby boy

A 10-year-old Mexican girl has given birth to a baby boy after a 31-week pregnancy, according to reports.

The premature infant, which weighed 3.3 pounds, was born by Caesarian section at the Women’s Hospital in the city of Puebla and is in the intensive care unit recovering from pneumonia.

The young mother, who is from the nearby San Francisco Totimehuacan community, has returned home after the procedure but visits the baby every day to breastfeed, officials said.

The Puebla state Attorney General's Office is now investigating whether the girl could have been raped and who the father is, the hospital’s director Rogelio Gonzalez said, according to UpFrontNewswire.
    What the hell do they mean "if she was raped'? Of course she was raped. She's 10. She's not capable of consent. Another example of lives forever altered or diminished because of someone else's purist ideology trumping (un)common sense and decency.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

Banned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    Will

This is nothing compared to the rape animals on the fast food list live with.

Woman dies in Irish hospital because they refused to terminate her failing pregnancy: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...326575203.html

Gettin tired of hearing about these unnecessary deaths. Also, I did not know Ireland had such laws.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Woman dies in Irish hospital because they refused to terminate her failing pregnancy: http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/...326575203.html

Gettin tired of hearing about these unnecessary deaths. Also, I did not know Ireland had such laws.
    Wow, that's horrible. I would be unimaginably angry if I was the husband.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I think at least a portion of my mentality about pregnancy being a disease and a scary, scary disorder is from my fear of being stuck in a situation like this. The military doesn't exactly carry liberal views about pregnancy.. They treat women like contagious weaklings the instant they become pregnant, and they might as well tell them they aren't really patriotic while they're at it. There's a lot of subtle guilt trips thrown their way when they're with child. And you'd be surprised how little decision-making-abilities the mother gets to have when in the military. Everyone has a right to decide what happens and how the mother is treated and gets treated except the mother.

Back on topic. My friend's sister died of a form of Leukemia. It hit very fast--she was gone within a month. Had they known it was Leukemia the day she went to the hospital the first time though, chemo *may* have prolonged her life for a few more months. Instead, they rode it off (understandably so) as a more common sickness with similar symptoms, and when she got 'better' they presumed all to be well. She died two weeks later. It can be a very, very fast disease.

It can just as easily be said that chemo may have sped up her death, but there's no way of knowing. In the end, if you don't save the mother, the child is lost.

I'm not sure why it is even an argument in the first place.. I never have understood it. I never, ever, ever found this topic to be any shade of gray. Always very black and white for me, and always will be. You save lives, and as many as you can. The semantics will work themselves out as they go.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Yeah.

I understand them.

Not saying I agree, but to them, it makes sense.

Someday.
    It makes sense if you value women less than infants. If abortion is worse, rather than equal to murder.

Who knew pro-choice people give a shit about humans dying?

I guess these people just weren't weak and helpless enough for them not to care.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it