User Tag List

Thread: Bigamy

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

MBTI
    INTP

No. Unlike gay marriage, polygamy tends to have profoundly negative social consequences in practice, including social disruption from frustrated (and often exiled) young boys and the sexual abuse (and general dependency) of young girls. Its also socially unsustainable (in practice, a highly disproportionate number of people with multiple marriage partners will be in religiously motivated polygamous marriages rather than polyamorous marriage groupings, which is more than a little problematic for a species with nearly a 1:1 natural sex ratio). On a more intangible level, I think it affects the socialization of children in ways that is incompatible with the maintenance of liberal democratic institutions and healthy, emotionally intimate adult relationships between equals.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

I was working the other day in Mitcham, South London and... I met these two American girls, from Utah; They were here in the UK, spreading the word of the Mormon or; LDS. This thread reminds me of that; This was last Friday.
    One of them was cute, and really friendly; Too bad she was a Sister 'Nun' of LDS, but yeah, as I said, this thread reminds me of that.