User Tag List

First 1234 Last

London, Moscow, Canberra and Free Speech

Free speech is sustaining attacks in London, Moscow and Canberra.

In London Julian Assange has sought and received asylum in the Ecuadorian embassy because he exercised his journalist's right to free speech.

In Moscow Pussy Riot has been convicted for free speech.

And in Canberra our Left government is bringing in anti free speech laws to protect Islam from criticism.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    Exactly. @Victor Stop throwing those dirt clods at the Statue of Liberty and give her a kiss.
    I am in love with two wonderful women - the Virgin Mary and the Statue of Liberty.

The problem is they can't stand each other. I have asked them to kiss and make up. I have even approached a sculpter to create two statues, one of the Virgin and one of Liberty, holding hands.

But they tell me the history between them is so dark they can't even bear to acknowledge one another, never mind holding hands.

The Reformation stands between them. And Revolution stands between them. One is the Queen of Heaven and the other would prefer to rule on Earth than serve in Heaven.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I hope the U.S. Govt. never does get their hands on Julian. He exposed information that needed exposing.

FigerPuppet

Thank God for Wikileaks and the hacktivist part of Anonymous. The governments need to be kept on a tight leash with regards to the tools they use against their own citizens. Just look at what happened when they were feeling safe - TrapWire happened. That thing is something out of a dystopian science-fiction movie, and it's food for all the nutty conspiracy theorists; especially when the name of one of the companies behind the system is called "Abraxas Corp".

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Werewolfen View Post
    I hope the U.S. Govt. never does get their hands on Julian. He exposed information that needed exposing.
    Seriously, no one gives two sh*ts about Jullian Assange, he's a traitor, end of, leaking stupid shit like, friendly fire and some yokel American politician saying they don't get why the British suck up to America.

No one cares, if you want to know what people care about, it's about freeing Pussy Riot, that Russian girl band.
    All the while, Jullian Assange is seeking asylum in Ecuador in London.

Sure, the Swedish charges are trumped up, but the guy basically gave out sensitive infomation; it's like, God damn it I'm sure he knew what he was doing and now he's got to pay the price.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I resent the occupation of the mid east. It amuses me that Julian ruffled the feathers of the U.S. Govt.

I'm not a die hard fan of Julian, but I'm glad that there are people like him.

As for Pussy Riot, I am for their freedom and a slight dose of anarchy might be called for to get them free, even going as far as busting them out of prison. It's somewhat of a shock that the Russian judicial system imprisoned them like the days of the old Soviet Union. I have a feeling that public pressure and outrage will see them released soon.

When we criticise Italy, no one calls us anti-Italian. And when we criticise China, no one calls us anti-Chinese. But when we criticise the USA, they call us anti-American.

This is because the USA is the Exceptional Nation with a Manifest Destiny, exceptionally good and exceptionally free and a light to all the nations. So anyone who criticises the USA is criticising freedom and goodness, so must be anti-American.

It is similar with Islam, for anyone who criticises Islam and Mohammed, is Islamophobic, for Mohammed is the perfect human being, and Islam the last revelation of Allah. So anyone who criticises Islam is criticising perfection and the goodness of God and so must be Islamophobic.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    But when we criticise the USA, they call us anti-American.
    It's because "red commie bastard" doesn't scan as well on cable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

USA won the 20th century thanks to Hiroshima in WW2, to become world super power.
    Great Britain won the 19th century thanks to it's empire, to become world super power.

I'll be damned if the Chinese or Indians win the 21st century.

The Enemy of the State and Extraordinary Rendition

It sounds like something out of Monty Python but Julian Assange has been declared an, "Enemy of the State". And this adds substance to Julian's fear of extraordinary rendition.